Have You Ever Walked Out Of a KH "Meeting"?

by african GB Member 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Did you have enough of BOASTING, and decided to walk out?

That's what happened to me during this week's BS about how to "TREAT THE DISFELLOWSHIPPED"?

I just picked up my bag and stormed out.....

Will I get called into the back room?

Will I be PRIVATELY REPROOVED?

african GB member

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes I have walked out...with my wife in disgust when an absolute idiot with a controlling personality was made an elder. We were both active at the time - it was not a rejection of the faith..

As to repercussions, it depends but I doubt if there will be any. They probably assumed that you were either unwell or had to go for some reason

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Yes. When they had that ridiculous article in 2005 bashing higher education. I was so furious I had to just go outside and walk around the block. I stayed outside while my wife and parents were inside listening to that tripe. I was getting my bachelors at the time so I could get a good job and take care of my family. "No good deed goes un-punished" as they say.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, on several occasions, but I did not make a scene.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

did you tell the ELDERS you were sick?

• RULES & REGULATIONS
  • blondie
    blondie

NOTB (None of their business...when they show me their medical license and I have paid for their opinion, I might)

• blondie
    blondie

BTW, you don't know much about private reproof. Only df'ing offenses come under reproof, private or public. Leaving a meeting or convention early is not yet a df'ing offense, otherwise they would be announcing "so-and'so is no longer a jw" at every meeting.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Only when I was hungover and couldn't stand it anymore....

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Yes, and I told them I would not return until my removal as an elder was undone.

I stayed at home for a month - then it was undone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit