Silliest thing that Witnesses told you was wrong?

by gilwarrior 86 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RR
    RR

I've know some who never watched "Bewitched!" or "I Dream of Jeannie"

• SYN
    SYN

TheWiz: HEHE! Good one!

Luckily the Dubs in my KH were pretty much grounded in reality, since a very large fraction of them hadn't been born into the Truth, so the programming hadn't seeped in to the psychotic levels you get in some really hardcore, Nth generation Dubs. My parents weren't all that strict, so I didn't get banned from many things...

"If men were like their personal ads, they wouldn't need personal ads."

• apostate man
    apostate man

That witnesses, regardless of age, need a chaperone when a male and a female are together in ones house. My 51 year old father-in-law use to ask us to come over and be a chaperone when he had his lady friend over, when his 16 year old son couldn't be there to chaperone. SAY WHAT?? Two adults can't watch themselves? This only seemed to apply at night time, when obviously if it is dark outside and you're alone with someone, the demons will come in and make you have sex, or something like that.

Break the chains that bind you,
    unless, of course, you're into that sort of thing.
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell

Since we are on the subject of celebrates and John Denver. I recall the rumor in the early 70's about Glenn Campbell getting baptized at our International convention.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• Anitar
    Anitar

My mom didn't allow wind chimes! Crazy!

Also, one witness friend of hers went on vacation to Florida and came back with Florida and Disney land buttons on his hat and she told him to take them off because it resembled "patriotism."

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

To think independently.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Telling people that Elvis was dead.

Apparently it was taking sides in a worldly debate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit