Silliest thing that Witnesses told you was wrong?

by gilwarrior 86 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• logical
    logical

The silliest thing has to be they claim they have the truth due to their abundance of love, then go and shun the sinner they disfellowshipped 5 minutes later.

• more2C
    more2C

I was at an assembly hall. I was wearing a star shaped, genuine mother of pearl button that was carved. I had "strung" the button into a necklace and had it around my neck. This brother was staring at my neck, came over, and said, "You must remove that star immediately!"

Surprised, and confused, I asked him, "Why?" He replied, "That is the symbol of witchcraft." It didn't even look like a witch's pentagram, after all it was just an antique button. I then asked him,
    "Is there a certain way I should remove and dispose of it?" I had no idea, so I just flushed it down the toilet.

At the end of the day, I could picture the horrified sister, who cleaned the toilet and found a "witchcraft" button in an assembly hall.

more2C

• more2C
    more2C

BTW,

I meant to say "Welcome" Gilwarrior!

more2C

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

The silliest thing a Witness told me........."We have the truth"

• openminded
    openminded

That I(one of the best athletes in the whole scool) couldnt play sports in high school(football,baseball,basketball)

My own father discouraging medical school because of the "blood issue"

That I should not accept birthday candy in the 4th grade because jehovah would not be pleased.

That prom is out of the question for a christian.

-What a crock of shit -om

• anglise
    anglise

An elder related to us how his father (PO at the time) wouldnt allow him or his brother to put 'tiger tails' on their car aerials because they were demonic!!

For those of you to young to remember, 'tiger tails' were a promotion gimic by a petrol company in the UK back in I think the 70's.

Maybe englishman remembers them?

• COMF
    COMF

Enco gasoline, which later became Exxon. Put a tiger in your tank! I remember it well. It was in the sixties. They did that campaign in America, too. Cool! I'd forgotten about it. Demonized, huh.

COMF

• radar
    radar

Anglise/Comf

Esso Tiger tails !! I wore them on the hood of my Parker coat, like all good "Mods"
    Memories memories.

Radar

Like all people who have nothing, I lived on dreams

• kenny2
    kenny2

How about this one. Has anyone ever heard "Another one bites the dust" by Queen played backwards? We did, at an assembly in Florida one year. If you have an imagination that reaches to the stars, it might sound something like "Decide to smoke marijuana". It might also sound like that if the speaker tells you that's what it sounds like, and you have no reasoning ability.

Kenny2

• siegswife
    siegswife

I think the silliest thing was when I was told I shouldn't buy anything at the thrift door because sometime deminz get attached to stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit