Should Pot Be Legalized?

by minimus 177 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

wow did this turn into a topic.

I'm reading too many "gateway" theories about pot leading to harder drugs. What a pile of manure. It's never been proven. All u who think it has, produce ypur evidence. And let me tell u know, just because a crack addict tried pot, it doesn't mean it was a gateway to crack anymore than a twinkie is.

Legalization means regulation and health controls. I'm behind it. Take the weed out of the criminal and get it into govt.

What people forget is no matter what u outlaw, someone will find it and perfect it. For God's sake, people lick frogs to get high. Why not spend money to find out why they need to get high?

There are many controlled substances that have use for us. Asprin, opium, valerian root, mold, the list goes on. Why make pot the poster boy for evil?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I should also add that the identification of pot being a soft drug isn't being used much now because of its heighten potency over the years

just as I mentioned about BC Bud. its if you don't know is grown hydroponically.

Way and above the strength us kids used to smoke in the 70's for $20 an ounce.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

what's your point? Isn't Valerian root now made stronger? What is morphine made from? Strength of a drug means nothing.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Sorry Homer, I dun thin so. Did you ever smoke true Thai stick? That stuff was amazingly strong. And damn hard to get. I think it's all a matter of availability. Better stuff more readily available now possibly.

Purps you beat me! Lady Lee, no one throws down a joint "butt". You save them up and smoke them in a pipe.

I truly believe that it would be harder for kids to get if it was legal. I also think that people who might have addictions would seek help they might not now.

Damn, can we tell old pot stories?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I state my reasonings on my own experiences with pot use and also outside information,

Sorry I can't recall exactly where I've picked up all the bits of information but viewing that documentary for example as I mentioned from

a previous post did ring a bell and make some sense. The concept of pot being a gateway drug toward experimentation with the more harder drugs

is not mine trust me.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

so if we legalize it then we will have one more pile of butts littering the ground around doors. One more place where we will have to walk through a cloud of second hand smoke as we leave buildings where people congregate to get a few puffs of smoke.

I don't Smoke. I can't be around smoke, I get sick. I have a hard time Breathing.

I can't understand the irresponsibility of people who smoke and throw their butts on the ground 2 feet from an cigarette trashcan. Basically they believe they have the right to pollute the air around me and leave their droppings behind for the city to clean up.

A lot of People that smoke, don't care about Children or other people that don't smoke.

• beksbks
    beksbks

What Hap,

per the gateway drug thing? I think it's crap. The only thing is that people who are interested in getting high, are gonna get high. They will find something, or several things they like. Legal or not. We humans have been doing it since the dawn of man, I can't see it stopping now. The focus should not be on criminalizing it, it should be on making sure people do it right. More lives have been ruined by legal alcohol than everything else put together.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Cigarette smokers seem to have the idea that butts are organic, so it's ok to throw them in my yard! I am sooooooo happy I live in California, I can go into any public building and still breath. Those anti smoking laws are the best.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

So wha happened your in support of all drugs being made legal then irregardless of its strength or potency ?

heroin cocaine and so forth ?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

"The focus should not be on criminalizing it, it should be on making sure people do it right."

Serious words of wisdom. I completley agree

"More lives have been ruined by legal alcohol than everything else put together."

and this doesn't include the number of those killed during the prohobition era. Death by bad alcohol, killed running it, etc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit