Should Pot Be Legalized?

by minimus 177 Replies latest jw friends

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

For those who think it should not be legalized, perhaps we need to go back to prohibition of alcohol as well? Surely that would protect children from their alcoholic parents? And obviously grown adults can't be trusted to make their own health choices either? Why don't you just mind your own business. Don't like it? Don't do it. Leave the rest of us alone and quit giving politicians ammo for stupid laws.

Dave

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Good one Dave

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I agree that pot should be legal and treated like alcohol. Don't work and don't drive under the influence (you'll hold up traffic). I also agree that addiction in any form is ugly and should be treated. But the occasional doobie at home? Big deal.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It was in fact perfectly legal to take drugs before about the 1920s. Then, some humanoids decided that this country needs more drugs, drug pushers, tax dollars wasted on new laws, and more violence to go along with higher drug prices. That is why they made it illegal.

To add to that, the drug companies now want everyone dependent on their drugs (and here I am referring to the drugs produced by the Establishment, not street drugs). Anyone not taking those pills is guilty of "stealing" from those companies, as is anything that might compete with them. And I have heard a lot about using weed in medicinal settings--properly used, it can treat and cure diseases (which the big drug companies do not want). That is what's going to keep them from making weed legal (in fact, I can envision soon a society where we are getting vitamin busts and having homes raided for something so simple as a small bottle of magnesium or vitamin C).

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I started a thread about this some time ago and received some good input. Yes, I do believe that pot should be legalized. The government and local communites could benefit greatly from the taxation. I also think that the high is no different than the effects of alchohol and it should be treated the same way regarding offenses such as DUI. It also carries lesser health risks than alchohol.

• ninja
  • Quirky1
    Quirky1

Ninj, you are one crazy dude... Now pass that joint to me...

• beksbks
    beksbks

Wha happened, you have a PM

• ataloa
    ataloa

It won't bother me.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Legalizing pot makes so much sense on the surface , but there is a aforementioned situation behind the idea.

The open proliferation of the substance on to the public can bring on a lot of its own set of problems.

The most obvious is the huge mount of young people that will experiment and become constant users, there are known heath

risks attached to prolong use of cannabis and the pot today is many times stronger than what it was back in the 60's and 70's.

There is already a product that is out on the market that proved to have dire affects on to people and that is alcohol, it has destroyed

many lives and is in my opinion worse of a product than pot. Another thing that complicates the situation is where can a

person smoke pot legally, with the ban of smoking cigarettes now even in pubs and bars like it is in Canada, on the street No, in your car No,

in a park No, why because its considered a toxincent just like alcohol is. The only place that would most likely would be your own private place of

residence. So there you have yes you might alleviate the black market and the crime that is associated with the selling of the product but

then you've introduced another set of problems into society that is detrimental.

I live in a province of Canada that has the highest amount of pot produced in North America and maybe the world for that matter

its called BC Bud and it sells for around $250.00 an ounce it is now said to be a part of a billion dollar illegal drug industry in this

Province, its a major headache particularly now because there are very violent gangs that have taken over the industry and are now

shooting at their competition from other opposing gangs, 40 people have been shot dead out in the streets just in the last 3 months.

Oh by the way we here in BC have the lightest drug trafficking laws also in North America, which exacerbates the problem.

The modern social attitude that drugs like pot should have the production and sale of the product penalized with lighter laws has turned

around and kicked us right square in the ass in a very unpleasant way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit