"Black People Will Turn White as They Near Perfection"

by cameo-d 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Religion has done nothing but cause pain, hurt feelings, and division among people. It's time for all of it to go.

No god has ever helped anyone. Why do people keep hanging on to that nothingness?

This article above shows how religion does nothing but sow seeds of discord......even to this day.

And even though this article was meant to discredit mans interpretion of Bible, the things promoted today are still man's interpretation.

And even if there is some "New thought" and a change of world religions toward unity, I will see it as lipservice only.

Religion is a vile thing.

I call Fareinheit 451 on all Bibles and religious literature.

And jailtime for all the pompous asses that have promoted this.

I call jailtime for all those who are telling lies in the name of religion and sowing pain to others.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Just makes you think that if the black people turn white, there won't be the comments among the teens at the district assembly meat markets about whether they prefer white or dark meat.

Rub a Dub

• Nellie
    Nellie

Another example of why the WBTS says you must NOT read their older literature. If they tried to write something like this today... let's just say, they wouldn't have to worry about Rev. Al Sharpton - every black witness would revolt !

• loosie
    loosie

How lovely a christan group that teaches black skin color is an imperfection. A ** H***s

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    But such teachings have no foundation whatsoever in the Bible. And there were persons in past centuries who showed that the curse uttered by Noah was wrongly being applied to blacks.

Bonnie_Clyde....And yet there is no full disclosure in this article that, in fact, "God's organization" had even in the twentieth century taught that the curse did in fact refer to those of African ("Negro") descent.

*** g29 7/24 p. 702 Bible Questions and Answers ***

[Radiocast from Watchtower WBBR on a wave length of 416.4 meters by Judge Rutherford.]

QUESTION: Is there anything in the Bible that reveals the origin of the Negro? ANSWER: It is generally believed that the curse which Noah pronounced upon Canaan was the origin of the Black race. Certain it is that when Noah said, 'Cursed be Canaan, a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren,' he pictured the future of the Colored race. They have been and are a race of servants, but now in the dawn of the twentieth century, we are all coming to see this matter of service in its true light and to find that the only real joy in life is in serving others; not bossing them. There is no servant in the world as good as a good Colored servant, and the joy that he gets from rendering faithful service is one of the purest joys there is in the world.

And here is an article that referred to blacks and Spaniards as "backward races":

*** g27 11/30 pp. 140-143 The Story of "Uncle Tom's Cabin" ***

From a recently published book, "Trumpets of Jubilee," and from other sources in the Library of Congress I gleaned the following information respecting the origin and effect of the story which caused the Civil War: "The false impression of the condition of the Southern slave created by 'Uncle Tom's Cabin' encouraged Brown to believe that . . . the negroes would rise and massacre their masters".... We read that she [Mrs. Harriet Beecher Stowe] was impulsive in her literary efforts, caring little for facts, and never taking time to even cursorily investigate her chosen subject. She was rash and bent upon making her point at all hazards, usually writing from the standpoint of a preconceived opinion. ... Once her husband and her brother assisted an escaping slave along the "underground railway," and on another occasion she visited for a few hours a plantation in Kentucky. But, save for stories told her by colored women who often helped her with her work in the household, this was the extent of her contact with the institution [of slavery] ... the story was overcolored to the last degree. It was merely a sweeping indictment and a hysterical outcry against the institution.

Of course, God permitted the work to be written, and has or will overrule it for ultimate good, as part of the general permission of evil; but He was not the author of it, because He is "not the author of confusion, but of peace," and tempts no man to do evil. The volume was issued at a time when conditions were ripe for its reception. It was the "psychological moment" for Satan to accomplish his long-cherished design to disrupt the Union, his ultimate purpose being to throttle liberty in America and frustrate an important part of God's plan. Centuries before, anticipating the settlement of North America by a liberty-loving people, and the founding of a government favorable to enlightenment, Satan had sought to forestall it through the voyages of Columbus and the resultant effort to people it with Spaniards and other backward races under the influence of Rome....

Encouraged by his near success [in having South Carolina seceed from the Union], the Devil instituted a double program, that of slavery agitation through the Abolition societies, churches, clergy, newspapers, etc., and by harassing Congress with petitions and documents from all quarters. Crisis after crisis resulted. Satan well knew that if Congress could be induced to abolish slavery, war would result. Therefore the body was flooded with abolition petitions. In order to settle the matter, six resolutions affirming the constitutionality of slavery and the "inability of Congress to abolish" it, were passed in 1838. The Liberator, published by Garrison, demanded "immediate emancipation"; and the Constitution was denounced as "an agreement with death and a covenant with hell". Negro insurrections occurred, and many white people were murdered. Calhoun sought to stop the agitation in 1836 with "the Gag Law", forbidding the reception of the petitions; but the measure was killed in the Senate. Matters were further complicated by the annexation of Texas in 1836 and by the Mexican War in 1846. The sentiment against slavery was stronger than ever. More than two thousand newspapers carried information everywhere; and the greatest word-battle in history was in progress.... The Dred Scott decision widened the breach, and the two sections now glared at each other like tigers. The clouds of war were rapidly gathering; fitful lightning flashes and the roll of thunder gave warning of the great storm which was soon to break in all its terrible fury. Providence permitted a split in the Democratic ranks, which insured the election of Lincoln, God's chosen instrument in saving the Union. Secession resulted, and the war came. After repeated failures, the Devil had finally accomplished his purpose through the agency of a well-meaning, but misguided woman.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Wow, what a crock of s**t in that 1927 Awake! Looks like Rutherford's writing. Can you imagine it? They actually were teaching the the Civil War and the abolition of slavery was the Devil's work! And they were supposedly already God's Channel! And these morons were writing from NYC. Henry Ward Beecher's church is near Bethel. Unbelievable! Thye can talk about how 100 years ago the Catholic Church believed this, yet they did as well and not a word. It makes me hate the GB.

Isaac

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Who cares how my sexy chocolate wife became sexy chocolate? That's the way I like them

• snowbird
    snowbird

If you are of African descent, and you heard this....how did it make you feel?

When I first read it, I felt like strangling somebody!

Do you think WT has promoted white supremacy?

Of course it has - hypocritical bastards!

Do you think it is still implied in their teachings today?

I know it is! The two-class Christian blasphemy and the blood transfusion ban are direct results of their view of Black people.

I'm making up a poster of their teachings that touch directly on race relations and show it to the next elder who comes on a "loving shepherd" call.

Bastards!

Sylvia

• middleman
    middleman

Wow.....

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I showed this and other racial bullshit to my now ex when I first learned of it. He is black and I am white. He said that "back in those days EVERYONE thought blacks were inferior, not just JW's."

My reply was "EVEN GOD????? They are supposed to speak for God! Was he a racist too in the 30's (or whenever it was)?"

Jeez!!! ~A&W (of the white and turning even whiter due to vitiligo class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit