"Black People Will Turn White as They Near Perfection"

by cameo-d 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• crapola
    crapola

I think this is the biggest crock of **** that I have ever heard. Black or white,red or yellow, what difference should skin color make?

Some of the biggest ********I know are white and some of the nicest people are black.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

If you are of African descent, and you heard this....how did it make you feel?

When I first read it, I felt like strangling somebody!

That was a good healthy response, Sylvia. I wonder how many people took it to heart? Those words were designed to crush your self esteem. It was verbal and emotional assault. It was just pure evil....from the GB, the writers, and every elder who stood on a platform to repeat it. I wonder how many people, deep down, still have the scars of emotional damage from such wounding words?

Do you think it is still implied in their teachings today?

I know it is! The two-class Christian blasphemy and the blood transfusion ban are direct results of their view of Black people.

the blood transfusion ban are direct results of their view of Black people.

Wow. Sylvia, that is powerful. That never even crossed my mind. That deserves some research and a thread of it's own.

Why did so many people keep taking these insults and back handed verbal/emotional abuse? Why did people not walk away from it then?

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Do you think it is still implied in their teachings today?

I know it is!

From my perspective, this view was not enshrined in their doctrine, nor was it believed by their members, but I saw it play out in practice. How so? In my area, the English congregations seemed to have a ruling class/working class split along racial lines. The regular pioneer contingent was typically 80% or so black, the elder bodies were 80% or so white.

The Spanish speaking congregations were always the ones given the manual labor tasks of maintaining the kingdom hall grounds and did the bulk of the remodeling/KH construction projects. If you walked on to a KH quick build you'd see that some 80% of the people doing the manual labor were Hispanic, while some 80% of the "supervisors" walking around in a hard hat were from the English congregations. On several occasions I overheard English-speaking JWs make disparaging and patronizing comments about the Hispanic "worker bees."

To be fair, the JW attitude is no different than that of the rest of the country, but they're supposed to above that as God's people.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I didn't learn about those teachings until after the fact.

Now that I think about it, I had a sneaking suspicion all along, because all the so-called anointed were White.

Also, the blood ban came about right after Charles Drew, an African-American, pioneered a system for storing blood.

This discovery drew a virulent response from White America.

I played connect the dots.

I know how to exit DOS, too.

I reiterate: BASTARDS!

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

For those interested, this is how my chart will look.

Watchtower View Of Blacks

Zion's WT August 01, 1898 - Negro race descended from Ham whose special degradation is mentioned in Genesis 9:22.25

Zions' WT April 15, 1900 - Watch Tower reading material would be wasted on Black people

Zion's WT October 01, 1900 - Restitution will change black skin to white

Zion's WT July 15, 1902 - Black skin is a result of the curse on Ham

Zion's WT February 15, 1904 - The Black race would reach perfection by turning White

Zion's WT April 01, 1914 - Restitution will restore the Black race's color to the original - White, of course! Blacks and Whites to be segregated during showing of Photo Drama

Golden Age (now Awake!) November 30, 1927 - Abolitionists were part of the Devil's plot to disrupt the Union

Golden Age July 24, 1929 - Black people are a race of servants

Watchtower February 01, 1952 - Colored race is meek and teachable

What do you think?

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

I thing you're a long way from being white Sylvia.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Shut up, John Doe, and define the doctrine of laches to me.

Also recidivism.

Pretty please.

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

How can I define anything if I shut up?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

lol

Laches is known in layman's terms as sleeping on your rights. In other words, if you fail to make a claim at the proper time, you are barred from making the claim.

Recidivism, as I'm familiar with the term, involves a criminal returning to criminal activity after being released from jail. A high recidivism rate indiates that many ex inmates are commiting further crimes and not functioning properly in society.

Why these terms?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit