"Black People Will Turn White as They Near Perfection"

by cameo-d 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

What do you think?

Sylvia

I just hope this unforgivable cruelty does not cause you to feel bitter toward all white people. Powerful people have continued to propagate this evil and a lot of people play "follow the leader". But not all of them.

I would imagine it is the same sort of ingrained attitude that JWs have (through no fault of their own) in being hesitant to trust worldly people. Those negative thoughts have been drilled into your psyche. It must be hard for some to overcome and really allow themselves to make friends with a worldly. Especially being taught that in the end, a worldy will always stab you in the back or use you.

• Farkel
    Farkel

"Black People Will Turn White as They Near Perfection"

As usual the WTS got it backward. The evidence is already conclusive that ALL of mankind originated from Africa. Ergo, the original "race" was African.

The statement above should read "Black People Will Turn White as they become more and more imperfect and Satanic."

It should have have stated:

"White People Will Turn Black as They Near Perfection." THAT fantasy does fit science, not some 19th Century American "blacks-are-inferior" bullshit that Russell subscribed to.

Farkel

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thank you.

Why these terms?

I had to turn away a nephew over the weekend. He's on drugs, steals any and every thing, and is homeless. His mother died and left him a place with only two years left on the mortgage. I believe he sold it for drugs, and I'm wondering if I can pursue any legal angles on this.

He has an extensive criminal record.

I feel lower than a dead dog on St. Stephens Road because I can't help him.

That's all.

Sylvia

• John Doe
    John Doe

Sorry to hear that. Thankfully I haven't had a large number of druggies in my family, but the ones I did have made me want to pull my hair out. I really don't think they realize the anguish they put their families through.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is doubtful. There are certain conditions that can turn the skin lighter, even going from black to white. Notably, when Michael Jackson was a faithful witless, he was very black. His skin lightened as he turned away from the Washtowel Slaveholdery. So, if this holds true, it would be one more piece of evidence that the Washtowel Slaveholdery is not the truth.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Do you think it is still implied in their teachings today?

I have to be honest that back in 1986 before they D/F me
    A brother got up & gave a talk about blacks & whites
    not sitting together. He said new people coming in would be shocked

because the whites were sitting together & the blacks were sitting to
    away from each other.He said we looked as if we were a Checkers board.

Since most in my family are blacks and whites I was very pleased with the talk

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Snowbird, my heart goes out to you. That is such a hard thing to do.

And I left the JW's in 1975 so that one article from 1977 I never had a chance to read. I would have laughed all through that meeting...

In our congregation I remember a Watchtower study about what our real color should be and it was discussed by many in the meeting. I believe the magazine even pointed out that we should be the color of clay as that is supposedly where wer first came from. Taking in the location of man's origin and the color of the soil there. They discribed it as a light reddish brown . It had to either be from the 60's or the 70's.

I have no idea what issue it was but I remember it distinctly. I also remember thinking how prejudiced our congregation really was and how hypocritical they were in their treatment of the black race.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit