What Got YOU Out Of The Organization?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If you were`nt Dumb..You had to get Dumb..That did`nt work for me..Watching Adults acting like Retards because that was what was expected..I did`nt want to end up like that.....So..Me and the Dog,hit the road Jack!..

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Besty alerted me to the fact that the org don't teach Jesus is our mediator, checked it out online and realised the whole thing was a sham, confirmed by Crisis of Conscience and my friends 'shutdown' reaction to what I'd found out.

Everything that hadn't made sense for the last 30 years suddenly became clear.

• tiffy0212
    tiffy0212

Love for my children and to get them away from their abusive father who was a elder. The best feeling in the whole world was to grad my son by his arm and walk out before his father finished the ending prayer at the meeting. Eyes should have been bowed, but they all watched me walk out of the hall. When I got into my car, I hit the gas so hard gravel flew all over the place. I may have damaged some cars, but no one said a word. We turned the radio on full blast a sang all the way home. God I loved every minute of it, and so did my son. Welfare mom not getting support from her husband and they let him pray. Hyprocites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the bunch of them.

• garybuss
    garybuss

As a religion I found the Witness group indecent. As a political party I found the Witness group incredible. As a prophet I found the Witness group incapable. As a social club I found the Witness group insufficient. My one and only reward was in leaving.

• chellechelle
    chellechelle

i had been fading basically for a year but i needed support in order to elave for i was living with my jw parents who would surely kick me out if i left or was df'd. when i met my boyfriend i was encouraged to leave knowing i would have the support of someone who loves me and who has gone through it himself. they kicked me out when i was df'd as i suspected and i now live with the man i love :)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Being told to just meet men was the end of it for me--though I decided that I would waste their time and energy by playing little games with my boasting session attendance to get back at them (and hope that their field circus energy would be wasted in trying to decide whose turn it was to hound me).

But, other factors helped. I didn't like the idea that, no matter how much I was doing, it was not enough. I didn't like that I was forced to attend boasting sessions that were disrupting my sleep and work--all the time, not just on a special occasion. I didn't like that rules were custom made to prevent me from having anything to do with the opposite sex. I didn't like the whole idea that I was supposed to be immune to tribulation, and be able to still serve the human race without any reward. Plus, I would only maybe be saved if I did everything to the hilt (Zephaniah said "Probably (as in, if you do everything) you may (as in, if Jehovah felt like it) be concealed").

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Though raised in the organization from age nine, I never really felt it. I just kept getting sucked in deeper and after I married a "good" JW girl, it just seemed like there was no escape. In my forties, I finally hit a point where I was unhappy with being a JW, unhappy with a loveless marriage and a realization that I had lived two thirds of my life for everyone else. I confronted the wife with the marital issues...no desire on her part to change, so I left her. Confronted my reasons for being a JW, read COC and left it. I guess I am just a slow learner!!!

• Poztate
    Poztate

A huge flip flop with regards to the DF'ing rules. A hard line was followed by the WT from the 1950's on when dealing with family not living under your immediate roof. Then in Aug 1974 WT "new light" A kinder gentler viewpoint.

21 As to disfellowshiped family members (not minor sons or daughters) living outside the home, each family must decide to what extent they will have association with such ones. This is not something that the congregational elders can decide for them. What the elders are concerned with is that "leaven" is not reintroduced into the congregation through spiritual fellowshiping with those who had to be removed as such "leaven." Thus, if a disfellowshiped parent goes to visit a son or daughter or to see grandchildren and is allowed to enter the Christian home, this is not the concern of the elders. Such a one has a natural right to visit his blood relatives and his offspring. Similarly, when sons or daughters render honor to a parent, though disfellowshiped, by calling to see how such a one?s physical health is or what needs he or she may have, this act in itself is not a spiritual fellowshiping. In some cases where a disfellowshiped parent is aged or in bad health and needs care, the son or daughter might feel it advisable to bring such a parent into the home to fulfill proper filial obligations. So, too, Christian parents of a disfellowshiped son or daughter who is no longer a minor might decide to take such a one back into the home due to that one?s having a grave health problem or having been incapacitated in an accident or being in a destitute state financially. These are humanitarian decisions that Christian families must make and the congregational elders are not required to intervene where there is no sound evidence of a reintroduction of a corrupting influence within the congregation.

After considering this article very carefully I restored a family relationship that had been torn apart by the previous hard line views. They quoted scriptures to back up the "new" understanding. In 1982 a return with a vengeance to the old way of treating relatives. They quoted scriptures to back up the "new new" understanding. It became clear to me at once that they were manipulating the bible to their own twisted viewpoint. I walked out of the KH for good.

The CO was in town that week and he visited me along with the PO to try to "readjust me" but it didn't happen. I am surprised I wasn't DA'ed or DF'ed on the spot but it might have had something to do with the fact that my Father was a well respected Elder in the area at the time. After that one confrontation with them I just faded away and that is where I am today.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Because no matter what those numb nuts say.

I know I didnt make 1975 up.

It came from the platform.

In a building my mother forced me to go to.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Realising that the WTS was not what it claimed to be, that they shouldn't be claiming divinely revealed knowledge of Christ's return etc.

However, the final straw was sitting through the 3 days of the district convention, Perth, Scotland, 2008. The baptism talk in particular where Bro Parsons stated that the the FDS the mediator between the us and the deep things of God (when the Bible says it's the Holy Spirit who teaches us) and that we should give credit to the FDS to teaching us truth (when the Bible says it's God's love and grace that draws us to him through Christ).

The convention was the WTS's last chance to convince me they alone where 'the truth'. My hands were shaking during the baptism talk, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I returned home from the convention and the following day I got up early, read over my research notes from the previous few weeks, re-read parts of the Proclaimers book and decided that I was never going back to the meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit