What Got YOU Out Of The Organization?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

The lack of love in the congregation, the society hounding us, (Mrs Smith and I) for our service reports, meeting attendance, book placements etc ad nauseum. The Elders uncaring attitude most of the elders wouldn't know who we were..., child abuse in the congregation. One exampleis molestation by an elder, and this to his own children!. He gets off, but his wife reporting it is in trouble for slander... then the big fade started.

Half a dozen years or so I start to investigate on the net. Enter stage left, JWD. At first i thought, what are these people complaining about. Freeminds, jwquotes and similar sites helped me out.

Agent Smith

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

We do not except blood transfusions {"pour the blood on the ground"} ........however if you want to use "worldly"stored blood for fractions that's totally your choice......bullshit hypocite doctrine!......I'M OUT!

• asilentone
    asilentone

I did not like to go to 5 meetings a week after I was removed as MS 20 years ago. I just lost interest in going to the hall, I just decided to relax after working all day instead of getting ready for the meeting. Sometimes I wish that I never was a JW because I would be very focused to get a college degree in my early years. Well, I have a very nice job, but I do not have a college degree, but that would have been a better deal for me, that is what I think. Well, life is a journey after all, everyone is different, unfortunately being a JW has affected my life, l have no choice but to move on and enjoy life.

• oompa
    oompa

asilentstone....i think you and i need to get our arses to college....its never too late......and for me....talk about slow....i had doubts since i was 19....but then i got married at 21 and sex pretty much distracted me for the next 35 years...plus two kids and a second wife...so more sex......but at 45 i finally noticed that the NWT which i so praised in service for restoring the divine name, esp when i was a pioneer...inoticed it had the name jehovah in it 6 times a page in the OT, but it was in the NT only .8 times per page....WTF?....why did that happen??

so i research my butt off....and discover (first in the insight book under Jehovah)......that not a single ancient manuscript of the christian greek scriptures IN THE WORLD contains the name jehovah......that WT loves that name so much and hates the trinity or rather duality idea so much that they decided to ADD THE NAME 237 times in the NT and claim it is "restored" when jesus or the apostles were quoting from the hebrew scriptures......but that is a lie....they do it whenever they feel like....like every single time in Revelation where is specifically says you can not take away or add a single word....rev.22:18,19

but not only do they lie about HOW they "RESTORE" it, but they taught me my entire life that the bible was divinely "preserved"....that god would not allow his word to be "corrupted".........yet they claim that satan and his apostate buddies removed his name at least 237 times from the NT?????......WTF?.....like that would be the ONLY thing he would frikkin change???.....plus....when i wrote them about this fraudulant "change" of the bible......they not only claimed (but would not share) to have indirect evidence...but they said "jehovah has allowed satan to corrupt his word the bible in the same manner he allowed satan to corrupt jobs flesh" and cited job 1:4 i beleive....as in jobs flesh was corrupted but not to the extent that his life was taken...........................so now....i dont beleive the bible.......and sure as crap dont beleive these damm liars.................oomps

i hope this helps someone.....

• snowbird
    snowbird

For me it was not WHAT. It was WHO.

JESUS OF NAZARETH!

Sylvia

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

My desire to be independant and make my own decisions got me out. I didn't want to raise my child as a jw because I hated every minute of being raised a jw. I didn't want to be married off to some aspiring MS or Elder and definately could never be submissive to any one.

I'm a firm believer that a marraige is a equal partnership, I've never been a follower and didn't need anyone to lead me or be my head, mine works just fine.

I walked away at 18 never regretted it or looked back.

nj

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

For me, I left in intellectual anger. It was a reaction to being lied to. I was also mad and angry for those that I cared about who were still in, still believing the lie, and I knew there was really nothing I could do to help them. To see the rot first hand, and the lives of Bethelites and Missionaries slowly decaying helped me to finally put the human toll in focus for me.

I believe that for many, there are deeper levels of "spirituality" that cannot be satisfied with the corporate religious model of the GB. One inherent problem I constantly am aware of in myself is to actually BE myself. Just BE. Because the borg tried to suck it out of me.

That uniquness, that individuality, is kryptonite to the borg, but life for me. To BE more in touch with myself and who I am is to be divine. It has nothing to do with the trademarked bullshit that the borg packages as "Jehovah".

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Parental instinct. In the back of my head I knew it was wrong, but I blocked it all out until I realized my kids were going to have to be raised with lies and oppression. I decided to sacrifice my own friendships and family if necessary to keep the kids safe from this.

• minimus
    minimus

When you research FACTS, there's no way you can dismiss it. To call themselves "The Truth" is just plain lying.

• wobble
    wobble

Mine was a real obscure thing,when they claimed that members of the 144,000 in heaven who they said formed part of the 24 elders of Revelation were sending them messages!!! I thought" this is nonsense",and guess what ,it sure was! That made me look at their claims in general,and I came to the conclusion they were blasphemously usurping the position of Jesus himself.

I then found JWD and was amazed at some of the stuff that was said,WT Wizard made my jaw drop! but I soon became a god ole 'postate and now I am a Born Again alcoholic,so theres progress!

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit