What Got YOU Out Of The Organization?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

How did you come to the final decision to get out of her (The Organization, "Mother")??

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The love of the real truth, over the comfort of a lie.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I had my doubts but JWD done it for me..Whoo-Hoo!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

To leave my abusive elder husband meant I would have to leave the JWs with perhaps the hope of going back later. Later never came thank goodness

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

My

Own

Two

Feet

!!!!!!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Sobriety.

• jws
    jws

An ex "worldly" girlfriend freaked-out when I told her I was a JW, even though I was inactive. Shortly afterwards was a religious program on TV, the John Ankerberg show, that was focusing on the JWs. She wanted me to watch it. Their guest (a guy my father had been ambushed by twice in the past while making return visits) was a guest on the show. I ordered Crisis of Conscience from him, stopped believing the JWs were anything special, and decided not to go back.

• Lease
    Lease

The brothers and sisters. They are the ones that got me in. They are the ones that got me out. They were not nice.

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

The 607/587 issue opened a can of worms for me.

The rest is history!

TTRP

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

A JW friend started sharing information he found about the WT that reflected it in a poor light. Amazingly, I can't even remember the details of what it was. I just remember telling him that either the WT was the truth, and therefore justified in it's actions, or it was the most presumptious organization I had ever known. Once I was able to think honestly about that question, the answer was obvious.

Then I read "Crisis of Conscience" and "Combatting Cult Mind Control" and there was no going back. I remember at the time wondering how I could have swallowed that hogwash for all those years.

Thank God I'm out! It's the best thing I ever did for myself!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit