"Millions Now Living Will Never Die" was told to be literally true

by VM44 57 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Yet another lie to go with all the others.

REMEMBER This was a time when GOD looked at the world of Christian Organisations and chose the Wts because they were his number 1, absolutely amazing.

KT

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Russell sold miracle bullshit by the pound,

Well I guess thats what a free market society is all about and an example on how to exploit it ,

you take the good with the bad

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

In 1992 I met an old man out Witnessing in a small town who said he heard the lectures by Rutherford "Millions now living will never die" but all his friends and loved ones were DEAD! He did not accept a Watchtower subscription.

• JAVA
    JAVA

This is a great thread, and I appreciate the scans, too.

I knew an old JW back in the mid '60s that remembered the "Millions" campaign. His JW filters were in place by repeating the Tower's BS about "the light getting brighter." He died in the late '70s still believing the lie. He also used to say that "if the Watchtower says that black is white, then black is white." He spent a lifetime encouraging others to examine their religion but refused to do the same.

• rebel8
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This thread moved me to find the booklet on the net and read what it said.

When I was young, we used to look at growth of the "Publishers (1 mill in 1963, 2 mill in 1974) and say that "it was always foretold that millions would never die" ..In fact JFR did not foretell the swelling of the WTS to millions. His view was totally different . The Millions Booklet said (sorry I have closed the link without retaining the reference but it was easy to find on Google) p98/99

"The church systems would have the peoplebelieve that only those who become church mem-
    bers can be saved. The Bible never taught any such doctrine. The Lord never organized the
    nominal systems, and the true church is but a little flock, who shall inherit the kingdom of
    heaven, and the others of the world do not inherit it. To the church Jesus said: 'Tear not,
    little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom'). (Luke 12 : 32) Jesus
    died not only for those who will constitute the
    members of the church, but for all.

of this fact before he can receive it. It would be impossible for the human race, therefore, to
    accept the gift of life everlasting before it is offered. I t will be offered only in God's due
    time and the divine plan shows that his due time is after the seed of promise is developed,
    after

the kingdom is set up; and then each one in his order will be brought to a knowledge of the fact

It is clear he is saying that "millions" would survive The End and then be witnessed to, and have the opportunity to accept "The Truth", presumably under the guidance of the Ressurected ancient worthies who were expected back at any moment.

That is totally different to what we believed in the 60's and 70's and a totally different view to the way the WT spins it today...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It is the same thing as when Rutherford "identified" the great crowd in 1935. It is easy to forget that within the JW belief system, you are only really a member of the "great crowd" if you live through the Great Tribulation and Armageddon. So were any "great crowd" really alive back in 1935? Wait till the generation of 1935 dies off....

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The self promotional propaganda organized and structured by the then WTS leaders had an agenda and that was to cultivate profits from

their printed literature.

There is no truth in advertising laws with regards to religious advertising and litature.......at least none that I'm anywhere of.

Jack Van Impe made hundreds of thousands off of selling his apocalyptic movies and audio CD's, all revolving around the Great Tribulation and

Armageddon. Something tells me he took the WT and AW magazines a few times at his door.

All of this money of course he didn't have to spend a cent on in taxes.

God is certainly good and fruitful.

• Ri
    Ri

Elmer Gantry type preaching

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

This idiot religion is on it's last legs, its not going to be around as an organized cohesive religion in 20 years much less 100... Oh yeah the die hard fanatics will start their own offshoots but the JW religion as a complete 'religion' won't survive 2020... I'll bet anyone $100 right now... Of course by then that will be the price of a gallon of gas but WTF right!?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit