"Millions Now Living Will Never Die" was told to be literally true

by VM44 57 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• VM44
    VM44

In the 1920's The Watcthower had the "Millions Now Living Will Never Die"

In the Proclaimer's book there is a photo of a Bible Students book booth with a sign that said in large letters, "Millions Now Living Will Never Die! This is literally true. Investigate!"

If anyone can scan and post that photo it would be appreciated.

The point is that Judge Rutherford and the Bible Students were telling people something was true that wasn't!

What did it get the people took what Rutherford said to be true? Are they still alive?

What a waste.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

In the New testament. Jesus said those living in his day would not pass away before they

saw the kingdom.

So the kingdom must not be what anyone thinks it is.

Or somebodies conning the Sheeple.

• bob1999
    bob1999

"So the kingdom must not be what anyone thinks it is."

The New Covenant could not start until the Old Covenant was finished.

At the time Jesus was talking, the old conenant was not done yet. Hebrews 8:13

The New Covenant started and the Old Covenant was done when the Temple was destroyed in 70 AD.

The "Coming of Christ", the coming of the "Kingdom" happened in 70 AD and some of those Jesus was talking to and about in the Olivet Discourse were still alive in 70 AD.

Peace

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Is this the page?
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2j3id00.jpg (full page)

Extracted from a scan by Atlantis

• bob1999
    bob1999

Let me explain what I think Hebrews 8:13 means and why it's important here.

It says the the old covenant is "ready to vanish away". Something that is ready to, has not yet.

When the disciples ask Jesus ( Matthew 24:3) when the "close of the age" would be and what would be the sign, they were in the Old Covenant age.

Peace

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

How many of those living in 1922 are still living today? You'd have to be 87 years old or older. You'd probably have to be in your 90s just to have been able to read that sign in 1922. That I can say, "is a fact".

• Leolaia
  • SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

http://i42.tinypic.com/2j3id00.jpg

I saw that picture, and my first thought was "It's like a snake oil salesman, but with books."

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Fabulous marketing strategy was it not for books and literature.

Russell's salesmanship shone as bright as the sun back in those days.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

"this means what it says - it is a fact - investigate"

morons

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit