"Millions Now Living Will Never Die" was told to be literally true

by VM44 57 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• moshe
    moshe

Maybe somebody has mentioned this already-didn't see it- But Fred Franz made a comment in talk about the failed 1925 predictions, that Judge Rutherford said concerning his boo-boo, "I made an ass of myself" -

can anyone find the link for that talk?

• Mary
    Mary

Actually, this infamous statement is in the literature:

"...Regarding his misguided statements as to what we could expect in 1925, he once confessed to us at Bethel, "I made an ass of myself."'------ w84 10/1 p. 24 ‘Jehovah Has Dealt Rewardingly With Me :

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Lurkers.. Here is something to study during Family Worship evening..
    (This weeks service meeting requires the section from the Proclaimers book mentioning Millions Now Living WILL Never Die, to be READ)
    http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1925.php

• SuperBoy
    SuperBoy

What about this one?

Rutherford

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My mom is dead. She was so excited to meet the Princes. In fact, she sewed a special outfit and bought a hat from a department store. She could barely contain her excitement as she took her convention seat. New Light. No Princes, not even one. An outfit gone to waste. She was hurt. I don't think she ever had faith in Bethel again.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Never mind that in 1935 the speaker said "BEHOLD: THE GREAT CROWD" to a thrilled a$$embly audience. THEY were the ones that "come out of the great tribulation" which never came, and most of them are dead too.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So Rutherfraud was "misguided"??? So where did this "guidance" originate? He rushed ahead and went beyond the things written ( equal to divination/deserving of death), or Jehovah/Jesus told him a lie. Would his prophecy fall under the "love believes all things" category??

DD

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

If I had the enery I would make copies of that picture and leave them on every car at the JW Hall near me during Sunday service....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit