"Millions Now Living Will Never Die" was told to be literally true

by VM44 57 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

The Harp book had embossed on the cover " Proof Conclusive That Millions Now Living Will Never Die".

• moshe
    moshe

People will complain about the Milliions sign as being misleading, but if the sigh had said, "all the world's problems are caused by a serpent talking to a naked lady in the woods", well, that would have been OK with most people.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Leolaia,

Great scans of the newspaper clippings involving Van Amburgh. Are the complete articles available? And the dates? I'd love to see those!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

No, clippings like these are essentially what I have. They come from a collage that Mr. Van Amburgh himself had made for his own self-promotion, containing over a dozen similar newspaper articles. He was a graduate of Carlton College and in 1925 he submitted the college a copy of this handbill, which was placed in his alumni folder. I wrote to the college and obtained a scanned copy. I made a PDF of the handbill and gave it to Barbara Anderson a few weeks ago; hopefully you will see it as a download on her website soon.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I'll look for the file on Barbara's site. Thanks!

I checked the 1921 WT and the back page of the August 15, 1921 issue has Van Amburgh listed as a pilgrim visiting Boise on September 3rd and 4th and Salt Lake on Sept 5th and 6th and Ogden on September 7th. The collage has a Salt Lake paper with a September date and Sept 4th in Boise was a Sunday (which the Idaho Statesman mentions). So, my guess is the dates for these are from 1921. From what I've seen elsewhere the strongest statements made about 1925 were from the early part of the Millions campaign....so that would fit.

Anyone in Boise, Idaho? If so, would you want to go to the library and look up the Idaho Statesman around September 5th or 6th of 1921 and see if they can get a copy of the entire article for us? I used to live near there but am about 500 miles away now.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I just checked the 1920 WT and the November 15, 1920 has Van Amburgh visiting St Louis on December 9, 1920 which would match perfectly with the clipping from Leolaia's collage. Anyone from St Louis? Perhaps the entire article could be found in a St Louis library? That would be the St Louis Times for December 10, 1920.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

As far as I recall, the speech was originally held as "may not die", but was later in print and speech changed to "will not die", so if referring to an early version of the speech given by Rutherford, it would be correct to state the title was "may not". But of course, this is the same story as with the 1975 excitement, change of "may" to "will" to "definitely" to "this is in accordance with God's way of doing it" etc.

• VM44
    VM44

The "Millions Now Living Will Never Die", along with the associated "Millions" campaign, shows that The Watchtower doesn't know what it talks about, and that it never did!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hammer Head They were Stupid.. Hammer Head

Now they`re Dead..

The WBT$ has the same Wonderful Future..

For all Loyal Jehovah`s Witness`s..

..................OUTLAW

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The 84 WT speaks volumes. Another re-write of history

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit