WANTED ! JW Apologist

by wobble 389 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82
    Jws are definitely not unique in this respect therefore I do not think you can use this as specific grounds to judge them apart from christianity as especially BAD in this respect.

OK, so your argument seems to be, "JWs are just as bad as any other religion out there, so why not give'em a whirl?"

Hmmm, don't seem to recall that approach from the Reasoning Book...

"Hey why bother being a Catholic? You want pedophiles? We got 'em! You want infallibility of the leaders? Check. Stupid wacked-out doctrine? Yup. False prophecy? Yep, got that too. See, we're just as F^&*(ed up as any other religion! Wait - why are you running away?"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You say Jw's are unique in 'claiming to be God's sole channel' atm among faiths and so are special case scenario..The WBT$ is supposed to be "Gods Sole Channel".....Not Jehovah`s Witness`s.....You are very confused!

Papal infallibility is the dogma in Catholic theology that, by action of the Holy Spirit, the Pope is preserved from even the possibility of error [1]

Catholic theologians agree that both Pope Pius IX's 1854 definition of the dogma of the Immaculate Conception of Mary, and Pope Pius XII's 1950 definition of the dogma of the Assumption of Mary are instances of papal infallibility, a fact which has been confirmed by the Church's magisterium [1]. However, theologians disagree about what other documents qualify.

here is what you have to do to be saved as per born again christianity says....

protestants....

• Eternal security is also conditional: All believers have full assurance of salvation with the condition that they remain in Christ. Salvation is conditioned on faith, therefore perseverance is also conditioned. [15] Apostasy (turning from Christ) is only committed through a deliberate, willful rejection of Jesus and renouncement of belief. [16]

pentacostals...

Pentecostals believe that in order to receive salvation and enter Heaven one must accept the teachings of Jesus Christ as described in the Bible. This includes being born again or being regenerated and is the fundamental requirement of Pentecostalism

but as a whole there is a term for it..You seem to be "Stuck on Stupid"..........If you are not an active Jehovah`s Witness..And..Providing free labour for the WBT$...NOT EVEN JESUS CAN SAVE YOU!!..Do you "Get It" yet!!

Soteriology

Soteriology is the study of salvation. Many religions give emphasis to salvation of one form or another and as such have their own soteriologies. Some soteriologies are primarily concerned with relationships to or unity with deity. Others more strongly emphasize the cultivation of knowledge or virtue. Soteriologies also differ in what sort of salvation they promise.

The concept of universal salvation is widely accepted, even while the doctrines of particular religions claim, to one extent or another, that they are the "one true faith" and that others ("non-believers," "heretics" etc.) receive different treatment from God in the afterlife.

My research and experience leads me to agree with the above, that most faiths declare salvation within themselves and if they do widen this umbrella, it is concerning specific doctrine like born agains that say you have to have an experience of conversion to being born again etc all these are born from some mans mind.

Jws are definitely not unique in this respect therefore I do not think you can use this as specific grounds to judge them apart from christianity as especially BAD in this respect...The WBT$ "demands" Jehovah`s Witness`s set themselves apart from the rest of Christianity......We had nothing to do with that!!..It`s already been done by the WBT$!!......How Frigg`n "Thick" can you be??!!.....LOL!!

Isaac blood is mentioned within the NT whether you like it or not in acts and history shows that early christian would die rather than eat blood sausage but the question is... are Jws right to apply this also to human lifeblood inc transfusions as well as eating blood? but that is for us personally to decide...Pouring blood on the ground was an atonement for killing an animal..Who dies because they gave blood to save a life?.....Can food with blood in it,replace a blood transfusion?..No!!..More Nonsense!!

excommunication(disfellowship) is used by many churches not just Jws..So What?

List of former Latter-day Saints

This is a list of well-known Latter-day Saints who have been excommunicated , or no longer profess to be Latter-day Saints. List of people excommunicated by the Roman Catholic Church This List of Excommunications is a list of persons excommunicated officially by the Roman Catholic Church

Excommunication is a religious censure used to deprive or suspend membership in a religious community. The word literally means putting [someone] out of communion. In some religions, excommunication includes spiritual condemnation of the member or group. Censures and sanctions sometimes follow excommunication; these include banishment, shunning, and shaming, depending on the religion, the offense that caused excommunication, or the rules or norms of the religious community...Again..So What?..It`s WRONG!!...................If it`s good enough for other religions,it`s good enough for Jehovah`s Witness`s?...........The WBT$ demands Jehovah`s Witness`s seperate themselves from the rest of Christianity..So imitating them would be Hipocrtical....................Could you please explain the point,of this pointless post?

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• besty
    besty
    You say Jw's are unique in 'claiming to be God's sole channel' atm among faiths and so are special case scenario

BZZZZZZZZ - strawman!

Nobody on here said JW's are unique in this respect. The rest of your post is a worthless cut and paste response to your own strawman.

We pointed out that the WTS makes itself a special case by this claim of 'sole channel', not that this is unique in itself. Comprendo? Thought not.

We have asked what made them unique in 1919 when Jesus chose them. Care to answer that in your own words?

• reniaa
    reniaa

Outlaw please provide proof that that it wts that describes itself thus not Jehovah's witnesses as a religion? wts is a defunct name barely used cept on mags, so why are you differentiating between the two? what difference does this make?

hi sir82 my point is that a religion has to have confidence that it is doing God's work and following Gods word correctly with a view to being saved, I would expect this on any christian faith, I find this an invalid point to hold against a religion.

I personally find it weird if a religious leader starts saying 'all roads lead to God' and it doesn't matter what you believe you will gain salvation etc, If it were politics it would be like Obama giving a speach saying 'hey guys you picked me but all the other guys are as good and would do as good a job as me! there's nothing special about me, we are all going to save you'

Christianity should be united under the teachings of the bible but has developed many unbiblical teachings that have influenced the formation of the main body of christianity causing divisions, so lack of christian unity is not the Jw's fault but to their credit they are trying to return to original bible teachings as a few others like christadelphians, bible students are too.

• reniaa
    reniaa

besty I answered 1919 in my own words It doesn't bother me, I see it as the teething troubles of a new faith mistakes made from over-zealousness, and one all christian faiths have done in the last 2000 years, they were blessed by holy spirit towards many bible truths among their youthful mistakes at that time and they continue to need help but thats to be expected this side of armageddon.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Outlaw please provide proof that that it wts that describes itself thus not Jehovah's witnesses as a religion?..Please show me which of my posts,where I said Jehovah`s Witness`s are not a Relgion?..I have 10,553 of them..LOL!!..Show me proof,any at all..Where I have ever made that claim!....Reniaa,what is the point of making things up,when you can`t back it up..You look like a fool every time......... ........................wts is a defunct name barely used cept on mags,..The WBT$ is a multi Billion dollar publishing company ..The name WBT$ is hardly defunct..Is there some reason you post Bullsh*t that is easily disproven?................................................so why are you differentiating between the two?..Jehovah`s Witness`s are a Religion.....The WBT$ is the organization that run`s that religion........................................................what difference does this make?..With the exception of the 144,000..The WBT$ claims to be the mediator between God and man..The WBT$ makes the rules.....Jehovah`s Witness`s follow those rules..Jehovah`s Witness`s have a say in Nothing!!....................................................................................Reniaa..If your such an expert on Jehovah`s Witness`s and the WBT$,why are you as dumb as a bag of hammers on the subject?.....Please answer that one question..LOL!!.....................

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• shamus100
    shamus100

Outlaw,

I would think you would have calluses on your head by now.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL@Shamus............"A conversation with Reniaa".....Hitting Head Against Wall 3..... Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Mary
    Mary

I see Reniaa had not replied to my post. Of course, she'll say it's because she 'doesn't respond to where people call her names' but in reality, it's because she has no rebuttal, so she just continues blathering on about nothing, addressing issues that no one here has even raised, while pretending that she's actually won an argument.

Free Smiley FaceFree Smiley FaceFree Smiley FaceFree Smiley Face

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

R - You seem fixated on the transgressions of other religions and it seems to be impeding the discussion, since neither I nor anyone else here appears to be an apologist for these other religions nor interested in becoming one.

It is the WTS and JWs (one in the same) who set themselves apart, in opposition and profoundly superior to, other religions, by virtue of the Almighty's sponsorship. They believe they are chosen by the Creator of the Universe for His favor and guidance and protection. That is an astounding claim! Speaking for myself, that amazing assertion is the core of this discussion. Because, if true, that is what would make them unique among all faiths - not their belief that they are chosen but if, in fact, they were, truly, actually, chosen by God. And that is what JWs are expected to believe.

And if you accept that premise, then what does it matter to you what other religions do or believe, since by that definition other religions are ipso facto in error and Godly disfavor?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit