WANTED ! JW Apologist

by wobble 389 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• besty
    besty
    i agree with you on others having the teaching....but my dad did have one point in that Russel and group were hellbent on getting the word out....radio, newspapers, soundcars, placards on people, signs....and reaching out all over the world............so maybe jesus likes aggresive advertising????...............oompa

and yet your father and other JW's conveniently forget what all the heat and light was about. Here's a quick reminder of what all those sound cars, international conventions, publications and door knockers were advertising:

"We have no doubt whatever in regard to the chronology relating to the dates of 1874, 1914, 1918, and 1925. It was on this line of reckoning that the dates 1874, 1914, and 1918 were located; and the Lord has placed the stamp of his seal upon 1914 and 1918 beyond any possibility of erasure. What further evidence do we need? Using this same measuring line.... it is an easy matter to locate 1925, probably in the fall, for the beginning of the anti typical jubilee. There can be no more question about 1925 than there was about 1914." Watchtower May 15, 1922, p. 150.

So if Jesus picked them for their global communications skills why were they talking out of their arse? Was it them or Jesus that got it wrong?

They were predicting the end of the world in 1925, as communicated to them by Jesus. See Deut. 18:20-22.

After all the back and forth on this thread I'm still unconvinced there was anything unique about the WTS in the runup to 1919 that would identify them as different.

We are left with self proclaimed status, speculation and supposition.

The hard evidence talks to the truth of the matter, that the WTS has a long-established history of false prophesy and subsequent re-writing of that history to make it seem more than it was.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Is oomps on shrooms or what???? Did he get a Reniaa virus or something?

Oompa the new apologist, LOL... where's outlaw??????

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

AAG..Hey Lance!..Yes,I think Oompa`s got the Reniaa Virus real bad....I already told him he was wrong.....He`s ignored posts from me and Besty is kick`n the Crap out of his arguement.....It`s like Reniaa never left!!..LOL!!...........

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• oompa
    oompa

lmao!.....actually lance and outlaw....i was the ONLY one to get besty to admit her question was kinda invalid...she did concede the quote point....which i should have stressed on the first page.....but anywho......i am in her corner guys....just gotta stick to details............oompa

this thread will be in my dreams/nightmares for the next year at least..........

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

We`re teasing you Oompa!......And..Besty is still a Guy!!..LOL!!..

Laughing Mutley..OUTLAW

• watson
    watson

LMAO, Oompa. Poor Besty.

• besty
    besty

<================ that mancrush was as shortlived as a WT apologist on JWN :-) and you can keep out of my corner as well.....

Earnest - anything to add before we close this one down?

• bobld
    bobld

I do not believe that the watchtower religion is the true one.Why,because of all the lies,dishonesty,

hypocrisy,etc,etc.Examples:1914 generation,sheep & goats,UN,etc,etc,.Back in the1970's a brother

did not believe the 1914 generation,he got disfellowshipped for apostasy(unforgivable sin against

the FDS).Unfortunate the poor soul died before 1995 when the FDS saw it fit to change the defination

of a generation.My bet if he was alive the FDS would not be humble enough to apologize.

One other example:a watchtower for the public and a different one for the members of (the wbts).

Now the FDS reasons is because the beliefs are unique to the wbts members and the public would

not undersatnd their unique beliefs.To me it says they do not belief that the Bible is God's word.The Bible

is God's word and should be preached world wide.That is why you educate the public using only his WORD

and not some secret watchtower.Should not their members be well versed and indoctrinared in their

watchtower beliefs w/o a special mag.Also,they(wbts) have a website,do they withhold the members

watchtower only from the public.Do they stepulate that there is a members/public watchtower......

You see the dishonesty.There are so many other things....who cares not me.

Bob

• reniaa
    reniaa

HI guys not Gone just been away for a few days with my family it's half-term week here.

After reading your replies I have a couple of questions for you.

1/ why do you keep Jw's separate from the rest of christianity? when I judge which christian faith I believe in because they are so diverse now I believe you have to use the same bible standard for all but I get the impression you will accept in others what you won't accept in JW's?

2/ which leads me to this question all church leaders consider they have been given the right to lead and the direction their faith goes from the lowliest faith where the local shaman decides the direction of the tribe to the biggest Religions in all the world, their leaders all claim special direction to lead and people either agree or disagree, the Jws are no different. Even non-religious orgs claim special knowledge usually by ....being voted in, conquest, royal hereditory, Power, Money, learning or experience, they make the decisions for the whole group.

If someone goes to prison for a certain drug aka marijuana usage in some countries it's legal in others it isn't, by what right do the governments or judges have to decide what is legal or not?

this is the biggest thing I cannot understand with the viewpoint of ex-witnesses they argue that somehow gb are not allowed to rule but accept it in every other aspects of their life's? If you brake the rules at work then you will lose your job would you feel hard done by if you are sacked for doing a sackable offence by your work's standard even if you consider it silly? but you knew before you went into the job it was a sackable offence?

3/ When Jesus comes to Judge the bible is very clear he will be judging the conditions of mens hearts towards God and the bible is also very clear what it considers wrongdoings aka fornication, homosexuality, adultery, idolatry, blood, stealing, lying, murdering.

If you no longer believe in Jw's does it mean you can do these things as long as you believe in Jesus?

4/ Witnesses are not perfect, niether are the gb they have made mistakes in the past and continue to do so but does imperfection make a religion or org invalid?

5/ What do you want in a religion you feel is blessed by God's holy spirit, what would be it's fruitage? did any of the bible's God-chosen religions show this fruitage other than Jesus himself?

6/ if an evolutionist makes a new discovery like recently dinosaurs were found in the belly of mammals larger than rats obviously having been eaten so changing an established evolutionary belief for 100's of years that always had mammals at a basic developmental stage to dinosaurs, why do you accept this flip-flop if you are an atheist?

Reniaa

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Reniaa

the rules and regulations I adhere to have been reached by concensus. If I disagree I know that there are steps that I can take to express my disapproval and join with others to get them reformed.

Jehovahs Witnesses rule by authority which they have assumed for themselves (this is verypresumptious). If an individual wants to see reform or is being opressed they have to take it up with the JW god Jehovah.

Secular christian religions have been reformed. There was a time when they behaved like Jehovahs witnesses. But their power and authority was modified and limited during the period of the enlightenment. Indeed priests and theologians themselves, very often, initiated the radical reforming process. THis is what we are doing here on JWD. You are part of it because your views are far from what JWs actually believe and practice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit