WANTED ! JW Apologist

by wobble 389 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Yes, agreed A&G...but the WT ruined this when they said the 'annointed' have no more insight or Holy Spirit then the 'other sheep". And since the 'other sheep' can not be annointed with the Holy Spirit and the annointed have no more than the 'other sheep' what does that say about the annointed, as well as the GB who represent them?

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

It doesn't have to make sense, Isaac. You just have to find 7 million gullible people.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

well said. So interesting how it is not generally a weak person who falls away for 'apostasy'. The weaker one's fall away and come back due to misconduct...always beleiving it to be the truth, never researching. The strong super-stars who reach out to be better witnesses end up stumbling accross inconsistencies, and after years of compartmentalization, realize it simply does not make any sense.

• Awakened at Gilead
  • BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    So interesting how it is not generally a weak person who falls away for 'apostasy'. The weaker one's fall away and come back due to misconduct...always beleiving it to be the truth, never researching. The strong super-stars who reach out to be better witnesses end up stumbling accross inconsistencies, and after years of compartmentalization, realize it simply does not make any sense.

This is an interesting phenom that is very real. I've observed it for many years.

I have an aunt who was raised JW, has always adhered to its rules and has based her life upon it, even giving up two daughters and 5 grandchildren who politely opted out of the JW way of life. Ironically, her active participation in the congo - meetings, FS, commenting, giving talks - is practically nil. I doubt that she could intellectually defend her faith in a fair debate. Not surprisingly, she has always been very depressed and (inexplicably) physically unhealthy.

This is not uncommon among JWs. Emotional engagement is much stronger than any intellectual conviction.

• reniaa
    reniaa

bizzybee generalisation much!!!!!

earnest well said I think Jws say Jesus is high Priest to all but mediator to annointed who will rule us in heaven with him.

isaac saying salvation is through there faith is unique to all christian faiths they may widen it to inc various trinitarian churches but they do put a limit on it, even though Jws acknowledge Jesus as saviour because we don't acknowledge him as God then we are not saved is the general opinion I find.

posible san I have looked at various trinities and creeds they are all about greek philosphy and metaphysice trying to exp

lain 3 is 1 or 3 x 1 equals one but it doesn't matter because it just isn't biblical which leads me to my next point was it you isaac that bought up gal 1

Galations 1:6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

10 Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.

11 I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not something that man made up. 12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

I ask one question in relation to this..did Jesus actually teach his appostles the trinity even by another name? No and again no, Later christians said they were inspired by holy spirit and constructed it for various disjointed scriptures but there is no teaching of trinity in the bible at all, christendom has more to worry about this scriptures than witnesses have.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

earnest well said I think Jws say Jesus is high Priest to all but mediator to annointed who will rule us in heaven with him.

back up your 2 classes scripturally. Matt 8;11, among many other verses rules out 2 classes.

isaac saying salvation is through there faith is unique to all christian faiths they may widen it to inc various trinitarian churches but they do put a limit on it, even though Jws acknowledge Jesus as saviour because we don't acknowledge him as God then we are not saved is the general opinion I find.

Can you rewrite that in a more coherent manner? Sorry.

posible san I have looked at various trinities and creeds they are all about greek philosphy and metaphysice trying to exp

SOunds like you have looked at the wrong ones, or simply choose not to accept the right one

lain 3 is 1 or 3 x 1 equals one but it doesn't matter because it just isn't biblical which leads me to my next point was it you isaac that bought up gal 1

2 + 1 = 1 in Genesis. Husband and wife- 2 are 1 flesh. The Father and Son are one spiritual flesh.

Galations 1:6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

10 Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.

11 I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not something that man made up. 12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

I ask one question in relation to this..did Jesus actually teach his appostles the trinity even by another name? No and again no, Later christians said they were inspired by holy spirit and constructed it for various disjointed scriptures but there is no teaching of trinity in the bible at all, christendom has more to worry about this scriptures than witnesses have.

Jesus showed who he was by his deeds. He showed he and the Father were of the same nature (prior to his emptying himself and after his ascension). When he told the jews he was the son of God they knew exaclty what he meant- putting himself on an equal setting with the Father..in nature and escense. Pls don't quote Jh 14:28- that has nothing to do with nature- that is postion. I won't be back till tomorrow,

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Reniaa, as you're keen to stick to the Bible and reject unscriptural doctrines such as the trinity and the cross (although you seem to confuse reverence of the cross with worship of it), are you comfortable with Jesus words - in the Bible - in Acts 1:8 that it doesn't belong to men to get ot know the times and seasons? Obviously the Watch Tower Society has ignored Jesus and claimed that they do in fact have such knowledge.

Does this bother you as much as the trinity or the cross? Do Jesus words not carry as much weight as Mosaiac Laws?

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Like Awakened, I too rejected 1914. I explained my reasons to an elder, a good friend of mine at the time (I too was an elder serving on the same body as him). He told me, kindly, to forget what Jesus said (Acts 1:8). The elders where pretty decent towards me and didn't take judicial action. However, I did eventually DA as I couldn't remain as a Jehovah's Witness as it was expected of me to accept all of the unique beliefs of JWs; 1914, 1919 etc etc.

By this time I was attending church and not believing the Trinity doctrine (I've never encountered cross worship at church, ever), but I was accepted warmly into the community of Christians locally. I even told them I didn't believe the Trinity. They still associated with me, emailed me, invited me and my family to their homes etc.

So, why do Jehovah's Witnesses expect their adherents to unquestioningly accept their unscriptural teachings such as 1914 and 1919 when the pagan churches of Christendom do no such thing with their unscriptural teachings?

• besty
    besty

Reniaa: are you going to answer my question please?

Can you explain how you accept a belief without believing it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit