WT 15th April apostates / new light on miscarriages

by dozy 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

The WTS is just playing to what the masses want to hear. Its another cross section of humanity they can rope in with false hopes. I still think their drivel is what got Prince involved.

I know thats how they got my Downs sister in law sucked in...they keep telling her that in the New System she wont be retarded any more and she will be able to get married and have babies which is what the sweet one has always wanted.

• seek2find
    seek2find

With regard to what the article says about the name Jehovah, I think Ray Franz made a good and valid point in his book In search of Christian Freedom when he said that in the organization today, it would be unheard of for an elder or other mature Witness to write a letter to a friend and not mention the name Jehovah mutiple times. But in the Greek Scriptures in the New World Translation there are seven apostalic letters that do not contain the divine name. (that's not to mention that the divine name doesn't even apear in the most reliable manuscripts for the entire new testament). So I guess if use of the name Jehovah is the sign that your not an apostate, then the Apostle Paul would have to classified as an apostate by the organization for his failure to use it in some of his letters such as the letter to the Phillipians. This is one of the best points I personaly got out of what I read in Rays second work. The lack of use of the divine name in the new testament, even in the New World Translation, is strong evidence to me that the Christian congregation was to put emphasis on the name of Jesus. Paul was NOT an apostate, and neither are those today who chose not to use the name Jehovah. seek2find

• Robert7
    Robert7
    modern day apostates display characteristics similar to those of the Devil. Their mind may be poisoned by a critical attitude towards individuals in the congregations , Christian elders or the Governing Body. Some apostates oppose the use of the divine name , Jehovah. They are not interested in learning about Jehovah , or in serving him. Like their father , Satan , apostates target people of integrity

Another example of shooting the messenger and not the message. They don't deny that apostates actually are making true and valid statements. They just say we have a 'critical attitude'.

This drives me nuts because the mind-controlled dubs will eat this up and just have more fear of apostates.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The JWs use the (admittedly incorrect English) word "Jehovah" as a litmus test of "true" Christianity.

They go so far as to say that if this incorrect word is not used in prayer -- the prayer will not be heard by God.

Typical cult insanity.

• sir82
    sir82

Watchtower study articles seem to be devolving into 4 general themes, repeated incessantly:

1) We are God's mouthpiece, obey us or die

2) You aren't doing enough [blank] - field service, prayer, study, meeting attendance, shepherding, etc.

3) You're doing too much [blank] - drinking, playing, watching movies, furthering your education, etc.

4) Apostates are evil offspring of Satan himself - avoid at all costs

If not the theme itself of a particular article, it's almost a guarantee that one of the above will at least be mentioned prominently.

• minimus
    minimus

THANKS FOR THIS!!!

So, does the WT. say how many weeks will make it all count?

• minimus
    minimus

BTW, I love that expression, "NEW THOUGHT". That's a blast from the past!!

• parakeet
    parakeet

“.....modern day apostates display characteristics similar to those of the Devil....."

Considering Jehovah's mass murder sprees in the OT, not to mention the any-day-now massacre dubs are praying for, I consider it a compliment to be compared to the Devil, who as far as I know, never killed anyone.

ex-nj-jw: "Are these mothers that miscarried just going to be reimpregnated with the miscarried embryo or fetus?Will it be at the same gestation period as when the miscarraige happened? If the child was stillborn, will this newborn baby just appear somewhere and the parents find it? What if the parents are no longer together, what happens then? Do the idiots at the WTBTS think about these things before they start making up this $&%$?"

See, that there is the "critical attitude" (i.e. logical thinking) that the WTS accuses apostates of having. As for the WTS idiots "thinking" (I use the term loosely here) about these things, they don't have to. They know their fallback position is "Wait on Jehovah." And the dubs lap it up.

Doubting Bro: "I know they teach that life begins at conception, so logic would have it the unborn would have the same chance as the born."

Again with the pesky logic. If dubs were looking for logic and common sense, they wouldn't be dubs. They become dubs because they are irrational people who are more than happy to let the WTS pour whatever it likes into their dead brains.

• still_in74
    still_in74

the obsurdity of these debates is as obvious and apparent as their reason for being presented to begin with....

this is pure "speculation" - plain & simple. But we all know the WTS loves to speculate (and then of course tell the R&F not to)

So why? Why does the WTS like to speculate? IT GIVES FALSE HOPE !!!!

Why give hope? It draws the broken and hurt closer to the org by way of that hope.

The WTS has learned that it cannot make positive statements about speculitive topics because people are too intelligent now and we (apostates) call them on it! They have are tired of "dancing" around the subjects afterward. Thus they print these "maybe" "likely" "probably" artcles and tickle the ears of those sensitive to the issue.

• seek2find
    seek2find

Could someone post a scan of this article. Please. Thanks, seek2find

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit