WT 15th April apostates / new light on miscarriages

by dozy 63 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dozy
    dozy

Study articles have strong counsel against apostates - “modern day apostates display characteristics similar to those of the Devil. Their mind may be poisoned by a critical attitude towards individuals in the congregations , Christian elders or the Governing Body. Some apostates oppose the use of the divine name , Jehovah. They are not interested in learning about Jehovah , or in serving him. Like their father , Satan , apostates target people of integrity“.

Questions from readers (QFR) deals with the “new thought” on the resurrection prospects of miscarriages. Some did wonder when the WTS recently and unusually pictured a sister commiserating with a mother standing over an empty cot whether this view would continue to evolve. In an incredibly woolly and vague article (if these men have a direct line of communication to God , there must be a tremendous amount of static) , the WTS have continued their gradual changing of this belief as summarised below:

Will miscarried babies or stillborn get a resurrection?

1969 QFR 1 st Apr Stillborn = no Embryos = no Foetuses = no

1984 QFR 15 th Mar Stillborn = maybe Embryos = maybe Foetuses = no

2009 QFR 15 th Apr Stillborn = probably Embryos = probably Foetuses = probably

• carla
    carla

That pretty much sums up apostates doesn't it? I don't accept the word 'jehovah' so I have the same characteristics as the devil?! So does the old wt that admits jehovah is probably a wrong pronunciation make the wt at that time have the same characteristics as the devil?

" apostates target people of integrity“.-- What people of 'integrity'? implying that jw's have integrity? how so?

Thanks for showing the flip flops of the lost babies. What would a jw woman think of this? I would imagine that a jw woman who lost a baby say in 1969 and was told no resurrection for that baby who now reads that the baby would probably be resurrected would be torn emotionally yet again. She lived years with the thought that her baby was dead and gone forever, now there is still hope? On one hand she would be overjoyed to think she would have a chance to see the child again, on the other hand she already mourned the eternal loss of the child. I can't imagine what would go through her mind, I would be angry they allowed me to believe all those years the baby was gone forever. What the gb does to the minds of its members is heinous.

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Dozy, do you have scans of the QFR you are referring to. Miscarriages is a tender subject for me. Mrs Smith and I went through that torture twice. A few sisters in the congregation rallied around Mrs Smith when it happened the second time.

At the time I was too numb to react or realise that nobody seem to know where my child is. Also the few sisters that came to visit Mrs Smith had all experienced the same thing and could sympathise. I must thank them for that, but they had nothing reasuring to say, and neither had the society. We were left to fend for ourselves.

It took years before I dealt with that pain. No council was forthcoming from the elders, no hope extended for our unborn children. Until today it never occurred to me to check what the Borg had printed about that.....

Agent Smith

• sacolton
    sacolton

Our father is Satan? Isn't that extremely judgemental?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

ah well I'm a satanist - I'm even horny

well first of all the WT is STUPID. An embryo is LESS DEVEOPED than a Fetus. Fetus means "little one" and if you've ever seen the development stages the "little one" is looking very human, is starting to get facial features, their little heart has it's 4 chambers and is beating at about 180 bpm, it's lil toes & fingers though webbish are there and the baby can move. So how could an embryo have more of a chance than a fetus (1984)

o ja perhaps they should get the simplist of facts right first before they start spewing forth their drival!

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

I am afaid this "new light" on misscarages will be my down fall. My wife will eat this up as it is something close to our hearts. And the sad thing is they may chose to change it back at anytime. When will they stop playing these games.. Oh yeah never......

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Ok, I have a couple of questions.

Are these mothers that miscarried just going to be reimpregnated with the miscarried embryo or fetus?

Will it be at the same gestation period as when the miscarraige happened?

If the child was stillborn, will this newborn baby just appear somewhere and the parents find it?

What if the parents are no longer together, what happens then?

Do the idiots at the WTBTS think about these things before they start making up this $&%$?

nj

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, and so what happens to the millions of aborted fetuses whose parents will have been destroyed in Armageddon? Who will be the new "host" (for lack of a better term)?

The cynic in me says this is just another ploy to increase the emotional dependence of some women on the organization. Another tool to induce guilt-driven loyalty.

"Isn't it wonderful that you'll get a chance to see that baby you lost due to miscarriage 40 years ago, Sister? You do want to see her don't you? Well, surely, then, despite your arthritis, diabetes, blindness, and failing liver, you can attend more than one meeting a week, can't you? Can't you? And I'm sure if you really tried, you could do more than 4 hours a month in field service."

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I never knew what the WTS taught on this, very interesting. I know they teach that life begins at conception, so logic would have it the unborn would have the same chance as the born. They say that if a child (which they define as someone younger than the "age of responsibility") dies before the big A, they have a resurrection. So, why wouldn't that apply to an unborn child?What about children that are aborted?

Does anyone know what the mainstream Christian religions teach?

Either life has the same value at conception or it does not. I really can't see how you can have it both ways.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder what happens if the mother miscarries while a faithful witless, and then some time later turns apostate. What happens then--the mother was faithful when it happened, then turned and stayed apostate. Does that baby get a new mother (the original one had to be destroyed for attempting to make the Washtowel Slaveholdery go belly up)?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit