POLL: Will You Be Attending The Memorial & If You Are---Why?

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

I was invited the first time in YEARS!!! Big cheese from Bethel giving the talk, David Ianelli, Writing Committee...at least he used to be. He really is a good speaker...probably one of the best around.

But no not going evah! Last one was in 2004, and only went for my mom. It's the worst meeting of the year. I met with some exJW's this last weekend and they said they went last year just to observe if anything had changed. They said people were distracted, using their Ipads etc. He felt the majority was not interested in the discourse at all.

Well done jw.org!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh heck no. And yesterday I was even given an invitation by a nice jw lady who is one of my customers. She does not know I am inactive and an apostate. She only knows that my sister and youngest brother are jws. I plant little seeds with her, here and there. Things that made me go hmmm. Little things like their old KH having windows and the newer one they are in not having windows and then the new ones will have windows. My goal? To get the thought that things they consider normal and status quo, are perceived as a little bizarre by outsiders.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Going!

Always being the most polite, welcoming, talkative, dutiful, JW wifey. In my mind will be the nice restaurant that we will go to afterwards with family and close friends. Same like in all assemblies and other JW gatherings; taking the socializing and paying no mind to all other doctrinal bs.

SL

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

It seems that the comments here indicate that between 1/3-1/2 are attending for various reasons while not believing a word being said. Interesting........

The WBT$ will brag about the huge attendance.

2011 was my last Memorial and last time I will EVER attend anything JW. I have not MISSED them. LOL

• kairos
    kairos
    This will be the second year not attending. Never again.
  • Taylor
    Taylor

I never missed one in over 50 years until last year. I have no intention of ever going again!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Welcome to the forum Taylor. I'm glad you're not going to go to another Memorial.
  • Magwitch
    Magwitch
    I have not been invited.......satan must be trying to stumble me again
  • Finkelstein
  • Question_Mans_interpretation
    Question_Mans_interpretation
    Nope, never again for me. Last year was the first I ever missed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit