POLL: Will You Be Attending The Memorial & If You Are---Why?

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    Yeah, going with my wife to the Black Mass.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    I thought that celebration ended on Oct. 1914 when He returned!
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

No I am not going. To go to please family members is a sell out and would serve only to weaken your stance.

Man up and quit.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson
    I left Jehovah's Witnesses in 1966. Haven't set foot in a Kingdom Hall since and don't intend to. I know I haven't missed anything. Can you imagine inviting a number of people to your house for an "evening meal" and only one or 2 partook? How insulting!
  • wozza
    wozza
    Have not been invited ,don't know when it is and they don't want me there coz maybe I'd be exposing another pedophile.
  • FeelingFree
    FeelingFree
    I wasn't sure for awhile but now I can say I'm definitely NOT going for the 1st time in my life! Very freeing. No one has given us an invite but an old friend did say if I didn't want to go to my old hall I could go with her to her's but that's all she said she will say on the subject and leave it up to me. Which is very nice of her but I won't be taking her up on it. I don't want people thinking I must agree with it and I certainly don't want to give family false hope. I would never want to expose my children to it either.
  • finally awake
    finally awake
    We did not get an invitation! I was visiting a friend on the other side of town and she showed me the invitation that was left in her door, We had a good laugh and I offered her $1000 to go and partake but she said no.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    not a chance, I've hit the magical 20 of ones I've missed
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Heck no!!!
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dammit, this will be the seventh I have missed, how do I keep doing that ? LOL

No way would I attend, it simply reinforces the delusion that they have the troof to the JW's there if you do.

The very best thing you can do for JW family and friends is to stay away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit