POLL: Will You Be Attending The Memorial & If You Are---Why?

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

Just saw from Blues Brother when it is. Not sure if I'm going or not. I posted part of this on another thread:

Some years I've gone, some I haven't. ...

As much as I'm forever out of their control, I really don't have a problem with going to the memorial, if it makes elderly parents happy. It's one hour a year. Big deal. No different than a name only Catholic showing up for xmas mass once a year. I don't like going to cheap cafeteria style restaurants either, but the old folks like it, so that's where I take em to eat. Their time is limited. Let em enjoy it, even if it isn't my thing.

• minimus
    minimus
    all interesting......
  • Gayle
    Gayle

Got an invite left in door. So, printed JWfacts.com 'leaflet' & went around my block & placed in doors. Not going to that unloving place.

P.s. where do I turn in my time? :)

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Yes I am going because I am still a dub
  • user100
    user100
    im going coz the wife will murder me if i dont.
  • joyfulfader
    joyfulfader
    Never again! Last one was 2011 :)
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I'll be there barring any (un)fortunate circumstances that prevent it. Stuck in for the missus. I'll probably stand in the back to allow for more sitting room for others and read an e-book.
  • Doctor Who
    Doctor Who
    I will be there. I have the great privileged of doing the sound. Boy, I hope there are no, um, technical glitches. Yeah, TECHNICAL glitches....hehehehe.
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Jesus wont be there, why should I?
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

No calls, not even an invite placed at my front door. I barely knew the date because my wife had to inform me.

I guess I am supposed to walk up to the cart and take my invite.

On another thread, Blondie posted Watchtower information that inactive ones are still part of the flock and elders have to answer for what they do for them. I guess Jehovah will be upset at some elders around here this year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit