POLL: Will You Be Attending The Memorial & If You Are---Why?

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore
    Nope!
  • a watcher
    a watcher
    Yes, I'm going, to thank Jesus for dying for me.
  • Clambake
    Clambake

Those crackers are delicious and who can pass up free wine.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

"It's an empty, awkward ceremony based on a bizarre interpretation of scripture."

^^^^ This, right here, is probably the best description of this non-event that I've ever seen. EVER. Short, and to the point. I haven't been to one of these in 10 years now. I had gone to every one until the age of 21. No more. Sitting there, all dressed up, and for what? Do nothing? Partake in NOTHING? Maybe (if you are lucky) you get to "observe" one of the elite Congregation nutcases (AKA CatLady Pioneer or ancient confused Elder) proclaim to be one of the 144K and nibble a flat cracker and scarf down some wine. It's somber......it's boring, and I nor my family ever ONCE got asked out afterwards to dinner by anyone in the congregation. Not ONCE. I didn't even know that happened until after I got on here and read about it! Talk about feeling left out! I no longer feel Jesus meant for everyone to sit around and NOT partake of his sacrifice. What good does that do? Nothing. And this BS about how we in the "Great Crowd" benefit from our "association" with the Governing Body, and how they are the "Greater Moses" (see Reasoning book on 144k and mediator)??? What a crock of complete sh*t! That is pure bait and switch by the Governing Body OverLords right there. Those charlatans are sitting in the throne meant for Jesus, and proclaiming that only by going thru THEM can you be saved by Jesus' sacrifice. THEY are the Apostates!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    what is it ?

April 3rd.....Good Friday

I will attend , only to support and assist Sis. Blues. It does not bother me to attend.

• prologos
    prologos
    will be there for family company, but feeling increasingly uncomfortable and silly though, because a) the snake did not talk, b) wt got it wrong, Jesus served the bread&wine to believers in an earthly hope. Even private partaking has lost it's shine. But don't miss the lunar eclipse later in the night.
  • blondie
    blondie

We will be on vacation, haven't celebrated for 13 years, not even out own at home.

I'm no submarine jw.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WatchTowers only Celebration.. "Memorial / Ignore Jesus Day"

I Can Do That From The Comfort Of My Own Home....LOL!!..

................Image result for relaxing at home

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman
    STUCK IN IT!!!!!!!!!
  • FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    No way. (I left out the other word). I went to last years JW.org infomercial as a courtesy to my wife. Never again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit