POLL: Will You Be Attending The Memorial & If You Are---Why?

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    When I left I vowed I would never step foot in that place again. To many bad memories.
  • blondie
    blondie

OTWO, didn't your wife give you one? Is she going? Elders are so wishy-washy, some will say you are out, and some say your are in and interfere with your business.

Nothing for us, 4th year with no invite, a guy came by selling lawn treatments though.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Jesus wont be there, why should I?

You'll both be invisibly present!

• blondie
    blondie

That made me laugh, Joe.

• Awake at last
    Awake at last
    Nope, celebrating missing our second one this year. A nice bottle of Ricadonna Ruby and a cheese platter for us. Oh and some chocolate for Mr Awake at last and Miss Awake at last.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

This will be my first year not going, I went last year and partook, wine was great. I would feel like a hypocrite if I went this year I mean where is the integrity if one goes. I'm hoping one day to get my kids out, if I go they will see it as a I still believe gesture kind of thing. ANY WAY THEY KILLED THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WITH THEIR BOGUS BLOOD DOCTRINE!

THEIR EVIL!!!

• menrov
    menrov

This year I will not be attending for the first time.I have not been attending meetings for some months now and would feel a bit of a hypocrite if I suddenly show up for the memorial. It is like saying: I do not agree with your doctrines but regarding the memorial, I guess you are right.

The whole setup of the memorial is wrong. Attendees will not be motivated to follow Christ, to accept his ransom and obey the instructions in John 6. The speaker will try to avoid anyone partaking. They will talk about 2 hopes, which do not as such exist in the bible.

Jesus said that where 2 or 3 are gathered in HIS [Jesus]] name, He be with them. Are JW's really gathered in the name of Jesus?

In other words, showing up, for whatever reason, will give the impression that somewhere you agree with the doctrines around the memorial.

But of course, it is a personal choice.

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate
    Sadly yes.
  • Splash
    Splash

Yes.

However I shan't be handling the emblems. I'll just refuse the offer.

• MaxTan
    MaxTan
    Still in, I'm afraid - so yes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit