Do you have a Magic Eye?

by Quirky1 55 Replies latest jw friends

• inkling
    inkling

Hint: move far back from your screen, THEN look "through" your screen...

I can't seem to get the two images to "fuse" if they are big.

• inkling
    inkling

damn, is a near-buddist level of weird trying to get my eyes to hold on to the fused image

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

inkling....I'm glad it worked! I still find it interesting how most people have trouble seeing them in 3D. My eyes usually don't focus together properly (diplopia), which makes it very easy to view the stereographic images. Here is the other image I posted on p. 1 of the thread:

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Leo,

I can do cross-eyed no problem. so I have no difficulty seeing your reversed image in the canyon.

Nice one

Cheers

Chris

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Vistapro was originally developed for the Amiga computer and what was called virtual reality. One type of animation it can do is for Xspecs glasses. They have polarized LCD lenses that alternately darken for every other frame. The alternate frame are right and left images so it allows each eye to see the image with the perspective it needs for 3d. Other 3d programs could render to this format so with the Xspecs on I could look at a 3d car model hovering in fromt of me like a hologram. This was about 15 years ago I was doing this.

• inkling
    inkling
    here is the other image I posted on p. 1 of the thread:

Huh, it's weird, this one is quite a bit harder for me to get...

My problem seems to be image width.

Before the fused image can snap into focus, I get them into "three" pictures,
    the middle one being 3D... The wider the pictures are, the harder it is for me
    to force then into three full-sized pictures, as opposed to two full sized pictures
    on the sides, and one really narrow picture in the middle.

I don't know if that makes sense... talking about this stuff is tricky

The smaller the picture, the easier it is to do, but the less cool because of the
    less detail.

I really want to start trying to make these myself....

Where was the one of the rock outcropping taken?

[inkling]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit