Do you have a Magic Eye?

by Quirky1 55 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

This is the same scene, with the images switched around. I am able to see 3d better this way.

Now don't make me create an animation with this, because I can if I have to. (as in, if someone pays me well enough)

San Francisco stereo

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I see the 3D very well with the first one, not with the second. Interesting how we use different techniques. What modeling/rendering program do you use?

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

These were done with Vistapro 4. It loads in DEM (Digital Elevation Map) files of places, including all of Earth and Mars. It can also generate landscape from a random seed. It renders left/right pairs as you can see, and if a path is specified through the landscape it can render individual frames or a whole animation.

For more photorealistic works I use Terragen, though I have never done any 3d work with it.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I love the magic eye and once I've tuned it I can see the images without much difficulty at all.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Another one, just rendered in Vistapro. Devils Tower, Wyoming. I did both views, original pair available on request.

Devil's Tower stereo

Now the other view....

Devil's Tower stereo

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Very nice. The second one works for me, again. That sounds like a sophisticated program you have. I would someday like to try photogrammetry of urban spaces using historical photos to see them change over time.

• inkling
    inkling
    So no comments on the 3D images I made?

I'm confused... What am I supposed to do with them?

[inkling]

• inkling
    inkling

I have no problem viewing "magic eye" images, with the getting closer and pulling away method...

Am I supposed to do that with the twin images you have been posting, or what?

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Disneyland has 3D images

• inkling
    inkling

ooooohhh!!!!!!

[inkling] <---- just "got" it

Wow, that one of the rocky outcropping is REALLY cool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit