Do you have a Magic Eye?

by Quirky1 55 Replies latest jw friends

• cawshun
    cawshun

Leo, I definitely see the 3D effect, I guess I misunderstood, I thought there was a hidden image in your picture. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

BTW, have you seen Björk's "Wanderlust" video in 3D? It's pretty awesome. You need those 3D glasses though to see it.

http://www.wired.com/entertainment/music/news/2008/04/bjork_wanderlust_3d_video

• parakeet
    parakeet

For those who can't see the images in stereograms, try this.

Bring the image right up to your face. Your eyes can't focus on something that close, so they will refocus for distance. Now, keeping your eyes focused for distance instead of refocusing on the image, slowly pull the stereogram away from your face. If you keep your eyes unfocused on the stereogram details, the image should appear.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Le, I'm having difficulty seeing this on my screen. I even thought I had lost the touch and had to ge my stereo/magic eye books out to be sure. I can almost get in focus but then I lose it. Sorry.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I see the 3d, but it is reversed. What should be in the foreground looks like it is carved deeper into the background. My brain must be wired backwards. This is whack.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I have a Magic 8 Ball.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

kurtbethel....There are two ways of viewing things in 3D -- parallel-viewing and crosseyed viewing. I set my photos up for parallel viewing, which is how I naturally view things (and it kind of hurts for me to get crosseyed). If you are seeing it look reversed, I would say you are probably using a cross-eyed technique. Try this version, I reversed the order of the photos for crosseyed viewing:

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Leolaia, you did that for me? Thank you so much, it worked! I do view this stuff cross eyed. My eyes naturally cross over and a third image appears between the two that is the 3d image for me. I have experimented with 3d many times, using a landscape generator called Vistapro, red/blue glasses, polarized glasses and X-specs LCD shutter glasses. It is all very fascinating. It would great if I figured out a way to earn something with all this. Thanks again.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Cool I'm glad it worked. I particularly liked how that image came out --- the prominentary sticks out, with the tree pointing upward, the slope down to the prominentary being really steep, and then behind it is a cliff with a long way down to the bottom. There is so much here to see in 3D.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Now my turn. I rendered these pairs from Vistapro. The terrain model is San Francisco. You are looking from the bay north of the city to Mount Sutro. This would be what it was like before anyone built anything there.

San Francisco stereo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit