Do you have a Magic Eye?

by Quirky1 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Looks like something like this:

• Clam
    Clam

Yeah didn't know if it was a mortar and pestle or a bottle of champagne in a bucket of ice!

Jimmy cool pic - cheers.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It's much harder with the picture being so tiny.

Each time I do it, the images get combined slightly differently. The stand of the vessel not always gets combined with it, and sometimes it looks like the vessel merely stands in front of two other like vessels. But I think it is supposed to be like the one above, where the pestle goes into it. The bulb of the pestle however looks like it is further away than the stick of it....as if there are two objects seen flush against each other.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Here is one:

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Stereograms are just about the best. I got addicted to these a few years back and have several catologs of them.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

They're pretty easy to make. You just need to have the foresight to take two photos of the same thing when you're there, about a foot apart (or less). Then in Photoshop you layer the two photos with 50% opacity and register them so that they match in tilt and orientation, and you crop out what is not represented in either photo. Then you save as two photos, one at 0% opacity and the other at 100%, and then open the two and put them side by side to get the stereoscopic 3D effect.

This is my favorite of the ones I did the other day:

• lnunya
    lnunya

Clam, your photo is a picture of 4 bird's nests. There are three baby birds in two of the nests.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

(I couldn't keep them focusing together, now I use prisms to help them do that).

Me too. The opticians seem to hate those intricate details! Have had them try to talk me out of it even though it is on prescription!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I think it is a rather poorly made image .... I can see how it can be seen viewed as a number of bird's nests with chicks in them (with the bulb of the pestle being further away from the rest of it), except the front "nest" has a base. Here apparently is the source of the image:

http://www.magiceye3ds.com/pictures.aspx?page=12

So no comments on the 3D images I made?

• Clam
    Clam

Leolaia to my eyes they appear simply to have a long depth of field. I can't see a 3D effect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit