DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MYELODYSPLASTIC SYNDROME?

by Mary 23 Replies latest watchtower medical

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Mary,

A fellow nurse friend of mine was diagnosised with this. It was a long battle, but for

now she has won!

She went here for treatment. On this website, it tells of treatments and alot of info.

http://www.cancercenter.com/

I have also taken care of a couple patients, that didn't make it. I will pray for you all.

If I can be of any help, let me know.

shelley

• Mary
    Mary
    May I ask if your brother has been exposed to any of the following; radiation, benzene (a solvent) or other harsh chemicals? Myelodysplastic syndrome is usually the result of exposure to environmental carcinogens? My field of expertise is not oncology; however I will try to answer your questions.

I'm not sure. He's been a mechanic for years so I will assume that there's some harsh chemicals used. The oil spray they started to use is supposed to be biodegradable, so we're going to check to make sure it is. I guess in alot of these cases, there's no real reason why anyone develops this---it's the luck of the draw.

• Mary
    Mary

Thanks so much for all the well wishes. We're going to need it.

• dinah
    dinah

(((Mary)))

Maybe love will conqueor all. If she really thinks she can't live without him......and you show her where the blood rules are made up.......maybe your research saves another life?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Cause you use naughty language!

((mary))

Try not to lose your sense of humor in this trying time!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Ah, Hon, I am so sorry to hear this... but I have to tell you the news felt a lot lighter when you said you think they'd consider a blood transfusion.

You and your brother and family are in my thoughts... much love and strength to you.

Love,
    Baba.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I just saw this.

Mary, I'm so sorry to hear this.

I will be praying for you all.

Peace and strength to you and yours.

Sylvia

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

Wow. Oh Mary, I'm so sorry to hear this.

I am relieved to read that feel your sister and BIL will opt for blood transfusions, if necessary. This shows that they are dealing with this situation rationally - I'm quite sure that you are a most positive influence for them.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I hope all will went well: an acquintance of my developed this sickness 2 years ago. He got bone marrow from his sister and recovered completely.

• rebel8
    rebel8

How this many things can happen to one family, I will never understand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit