DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MYELODYSPLASTIC SYNDROME?

by Mary 23 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Mary
    Mary

I just got some awful news. My JW brother in law has been diagnosed with Myelodysplastic Syndrome. Needless to say, we are all extremely upset as it is a potentially life-threatening illness that can turn into leukemia. They want to do either a stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant or maybe it's a combination of the two, but there's no guarantee that it will work. My sister is beside herself as he is the love of her life and I don't know if she would be able to survive without him, I do not exagerate.

The doctor spoke of doing some blood transfusion as he was not aware that they were Witnesses. After speaking to my sister, I'm fairly certain that if push comes to shove, they'll take the transfusion(s) if necessary. I might even end up giving her the section in my project that I did on Blood just to ease her conscience.

Even though he's a Witness, we've always been extremely close and I love him just like a brother. In fact, he's much closer to our family than his own. and I can't fucking believe that our family has to go through this yet again. I lost 3 of my siblings before I was 24 years old, my dad nearly died twice due to the 'no blood' rule and I had to battle cancer myself. Why the fuck does this keep happening to us??? Why do some people have to go through all this shit on a continual basis??? I'm sitting here crying my eyes out and I have no answers.

I

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I'm really sorry Mary.

I hope someone is there to comfort you physically.

purps

• caliber
    caliber

Dear Mary,

After speaking to my sister, I'm fairly certain that if push comes to shove, they'll take the transfusion(s) if necessary. I might even end up giving her the section in my project that I did on Blood just to ease her conscience

I'm so sorry to hear your troubles and I say ....you go for it with your above quote idea !

Used every ounce of your well known intellect and power.. pull out the stops ! ...

Caliber

• recovering
    recovering

May I ask if your brother has been exposed to any of the following; radiation, benzene (a solvent) or other harsh chemicals? Myelodysplastic syndrome is usually the result of exposure to environmental carcinogens? My field of expertise is not oncology; however I will try to answer your questions.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am so sorry Mary to read this news. You ask why do you have to go through all this again. I cant give you a direct answer,but I know when I was watching my children die,I asked those questions. All I know is ( & believe) Satan WILL attack us if we are trying to do Gods will.

I DO believe the account of Job.... Look what you have been doing for those leaving the WT!!!! This IS spiritual warfare...I saw the bombs falling on us in WW11,but this is an invisable war....You said you would expose the WT & you did...

.So
    "THEIR"helper isnt going to let you get away with that.( Yes I do believe in Satan)

Look at the positive. You may be able to help your Brother -in-law & sister by showing all the evidence you have on the blood
    maybe that is why MY LORD allowed you to gather it....

Sorry darling VERY SORRY, I know this advice will "tick you off" because when it was said to me, when Alan & Mell was dying I was very angry to hear it. But I too!!! at that time had a support group that 700 used. How many have read your book??????? I am still getting calls regarding it..

Will put him on the prayer list.

• cawshun
    cawshun

{{{{Mary}}}

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. I feel so helpless, I just know your brilliant and you will find a way to get through this.

loving thoughts to you and your family

cawshun

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Hi, Mary,

Cancer is also very prevalent in my family. All four of my grandparents have had it ( paternal grandmother twice)and both of my parents (my father currently). I lost 2 of my grandparents, a cousin, and am in the process of losing my Dad.

I know it's exhausting. When my dad was diagnosed I cried not just because he had terminal cancer, but because I was just so tired. It came one after the other after the other... and it just gets to be too much. I wish I had words to make it easier to bear. Unfortunately I don't... what I do have is an ear you can bend if ever you just need someone to listen who understands just how emotionally exhausting it is. Please just drop me a pm if you ever wish to talk. Either way know that my thoughts are with you and your family.

Jackie

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Hey Mary,

I'm sorry to hear about your BIL. I don't know anything about his condition but I could try to get a hold of one of the Oncology docs where I work and see if they can give me any info. I know his physicians will be more than helpfull if you guys have questions, but if you want me to check on anything specific just let me know and i'll be more than happy to pin down one of the oncology guys and ask.

Let me know if you need my help. You and your family are in my thoughts!

nj

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Thinking of you.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Hi Mary,

I am very sorry to hear about your BIL's condition. It is always stressful to deal with a serious condition, but gaining information is very helpful in helping you and your family demystify the disease. I had two friends that were battling lymphoma at the same time, and they found the Lymphoma-Leukemia Society and National Cancer websites useful. I listed the links below referring to Myelodysplastic Syndrome on each of their sites:

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/myelodysplastic

http://www.leukemia-lymphoma.org/all_page.adp?item_id=55442

I wish you and your family the very best, and pray for the very best outcome.

TYA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit