I figured out what's been digging up my back yard!

by Elsewhere 45 Replies latest jw friends

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Sooner, why are you so set on kicking something?

Sylvia

Oklahoma is playing in the Nat. Champ. game and that always gets me all worked up.

GO SOONERS!

sooner

• snowbird
    snowbird

Oklahoma is playing in the Nat. Champ. game and that always gets me all worked up.

GO SOONERS!

sooner

Oh, I see.

I'm watching Clemson & Nebraska.

Sylvia

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Else, when I was a kid in SE Louisiana, we used to have a possum that would get into our trash cans. But it was an armadillo that was digging all the holes we'd trip over.

Nina's father used to have armadillos digging up their yard, but I've never seen a possum do it.
  • DJK
    DJK

I had a skunk digging in my yard a few years ago. All four holes it dug had yellow jacket nests.

The skunk proved to be benificial for me. Try and find out what your animal is after.

• frozen one
    frozen one

Maybe you have skunks in the area. Skunks dig quite a bit and they are nocturnal so you would not see them during the day. They don't necessarily smell either unless they are provoked to spray. If you are really curious get yourself a motion activated game camera and take some photos. Once you figure out what is doing the damage buy a live trap and eliminate the problem.

Skunks were doing quite a bit of damage in my yard last summer and I live trapped them out of existence. I released them over by my ex-girlfriend's house...not really but it did occur to me. Actually I set them loose in a place away from any development. I turned them loose as there really isn't anywhere handy near by to shoot them and drowning doesn't set well with me.

Good luck and happy hunting.

• rebel8
    rebel8

The solution is quite obvious. You must use a humane trap and drop him off outside the local KH. To make sure he gets enough food, leave his favorite vittles near the entrance.

Oh, wait. Then you wouldn't have possum salvation though. That possum would be so mad at you, he'd be seeking you out for revenge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit