How is Your Life Going ? What do you Hope to Accomplish in 2009 ?

by flipper 41 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    If we can get rid of the fear - sometimes that's half the battle ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

I agree.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Fast fade!

• flipper
    flipper

FLYING HIGH NOW- I hear ya. Been there, lived that , experienced that. Sometimes we go through SO MUCH in life - you tend to lose your fear

• flipper
    flipper

OUTOFTHEBOX- How the hell are you doing a fast fade if you are still a secret agent man- or secret lurking ( whisper -elder) ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• oompa
    oompa

well...a lot of it sucks.....and next year.....I hope to breathe each day.....lose 20 pounds......and get my wife, son, and all of my friends......that i EVER had....out of this cult....(will never happen..i know)...and make at least a few new ones that are not just cyberfreinds......not that i do not love to have cyberfriends.....and a few have become in face to face friends.....but if the other things happened.....i can feel free to be NORMAL..............oompa

• moshe
    moshe

I took an unexpected early retirement package at work last month- better to have a sure check every month than continue to wait for the company to go bankrupt. So now I am looking for a new job. It looks like it might involve a move of 500 miles, if the job offer I hope comes through. So, along with a new job we will have to move and hopefully find a good neighborhood, a good school for our daughter and develop a new circle of friends. I have a lot on my plate next year, so I will likely be absent a lot on JWD forum. Good luck to all in 2009.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'll be happy to maintain. I dont see where I have much control over anything I want.

I'd like to win the lottery but I can only buy so many tickets.

I dont think I ever had any control.

When I used to make a lot of money, I didnt control that, I just picked the money up and appropriated it.

I exercise an hour a day 5 days a week. I dont think I will increase that.

I guess I am just here to observe at this point.

I dont make enough money to buy anything worth writing about.

Being raised a JW I never really had a goal or purpose except to survive Armegedon.

I aced that back in 75.

I'm 56, I'm not going to go to school for 4 years so I can have a different job for 2 years.

I think that would be a financialy loosing proposition.

I work in detention, in law enforcement thats a good place for an uneducated JW, in fact most people probably could not get my job without a college degree due to todays job market. We have 9 job openings and 300 applicants.

They are always going to be arresting people and if things get worse they will arrest more people.

So my main goal is to keep my job. Because they go thru 4 to 6 officers every month.

And even those who have been with the department for 25- 30 years say its all luck to survive and those that are religious say its all God.

But I know people who have worked at the jail for 25 years who are atheist and I know people who have worked there for 25 years who are preachers.

• flipper
    flipper

OOMPA- That's a great goal you have breathing, losing weight, and getting your wife, son and friends out of the witness cult. You might get some of your friends out - but understand you won't get ALL of them out. Be realistic with that goal. And it's been good getting to know you and other cyber friends - very true. I've met a few in person myself !

MOSHE- I'm glad you are getting a regular retirement check and hope your job offer comes through for you. Moving is difficult but hopefully you will find a good location to live and a good school for your daughter ! Good luck to you !

JAGUAR BASS- I know your gig working in the prison system is a hard gig my friend. You are to be commended for hanging in there with it and making a success of your career as you have. You must be one tough cookie psychologically and mentally tough to keep that kind of career. I have nothing but admiration for you ! Hang in there buddy

• Mandette
    Mandette

I want to save more critters(I found FIVE new homes in December!!!) With the economic woes, animals have been getting dumped in the streets, shelters etc.

Of course the weight thing is ALWAYS there so I'm settling for getting more active and eating better......(damned Necco wafers)

I'm very blessed to be in a secure profession. I want to continue to progress in this professional world of mine.

And life could ALWAYS be worse!!!!!! It's not so bad now.......

And as always to spend more time with my parents and friends!!!!!!!!

A Happy and Blessed New Year to the Flipper residence!!!

• flipper
    flipper

MANDETTE- It is great you are finding homes for animals ! My wife and I have 3 dogs and 3 cats and are animal rights activists ourselves ! We have close friends who work at the same thing. Glad to hear your job is going well and hope you have a great new year with your family ! Wish you the best too ! Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit