How is Your Life Going ? What do you Hope to Accomplish in 2009 ?

by flipper 41 Replies latest jw friends

• avengers
    avengers

Life's ok

Would like to have a good woman in it though.

Anyone available?

Andy

• Simon
    Simon

Life is going really good for us.

Our new home-city is fantastic and we love living here - it really has been a great move for us. We've so far been unaffected by the economic downturn (I'm soooo glad I left the UK!) and are doing better now than at the start of the year (moving countries is tough and expensive!).

I really love my job and get to work with some incredibly nice people - it really is a great atmosphere and more like a family (without the negative connotations from JW-family). I have been open about my JW past (including the forum) and odd things I find difficult (e.g. social stuff) and they have been more kind and helpful than I can describe.

The kids thoroughly enjoy school and have settled in nicely with lots of new friends.

We still have some things to pay off which is our goal for 2009 but we're getting there and know we can make it then we can go back to overpaying the mortgage and saving up a nest-egg again.

Here's to a happy and prosperous 2009 for all and hopes that anyone won't be too affected by the downturn and if they are will bounce back soon.

• halcyon
    halcyon

I have a really scary year coming up. I need to find the strength to ask for a divorce, then move across the country and try to find work in a worse economy than here, in a field that notoriously pays little.

I'm just about rolled up in a ball, rocking in the corner over it. BUT, if I don't do it, I'll just continue in this loveless life and try to be satisfied with shallow, material things. 'Cause that's all he's got to give. And I don't have family anymore ... they're still JW...

• Dagney
    Dagney

Hi Mr. Flipper! I wish you and Mrs. Flipper a Happy Holiday and New Year!

Everything is going unexpectedly well here. The family is good, healthy and happy; even had a good visit with the JW family a few weeks ago. The company I work for had the best year ever and we are on track for more growth, maybe even opening a fourth facility.

My goals in 2009 are to simplify my life and exercise more, get rid of the old crap, purchase a home...somewhere, branch out more socially, entertain more, and volunteer.

I'm grateful for finding JWD, and meeting so many wonderful people from here.

• blondie
    blondie

stay healthy

stay married

stay employed

stay out of the WTS

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Blondie, I hope you are successful at staying out of the WTS.

I'm just about rolled up in a ball, rocking in the corner over it. BUT, if I don't do it, I'll just continue in this loveless life and try to be satisfied with shallow, material things. 'Cause that's all he's got to give. And I don't have family anymore ... they're still JW...

I've been that filled with anxiety before. I hope you don't have kids and are not in big debt. If so, it will happen much more easily than you think. It won't be easy, but by the end of the year, you will wonder why you were ever afraid to make those changes. Changes seem so much harder as we get further into adulthood. But one cliche' that I've come to understand is very true? This TOO shall pass.

Something that helps me is to imagine the thing I am afraid of as a huge mountainous monster and me looking up at it. I clench my teeth, stand up tall and reach down and get some guts. And honest to God, the monster begins to shrink as I roll back my sleeves and face it without fear. When I allow myself to give into the fear, I feel faint and the monster grows.

Something my therapist said to my last Monday, "Never let your fears take the driver's seat."

• flipper
    flipper

AVENGERS- The right woman will come along for you my friend. Hang in there !

SIMON- Glad to hear your new home city is working out good for you. It's good to have nice people to work around in a comfortable environment. That's great your kids are enjoying school and hope your bill paying process comes through for you as we are ALL dealing with this wretched economy !

HALYCON- I hope you hang in there through your divorce and in time get the real love you need in your life. I've been through it 2 times and I know how difficult it is. I know how shallow material things can be when it's substituted for love . It sucks. Keep your chin up sis - it will get better my friend ! It might not seem so right now - but the picture becomes much clearer after the divorce. If you ever need to PM me or my wife ; we will gladly be your friend . I mean that.

DAGNEY- Hey sis ! How you doin ' ? My wife and I send our seasons greetings and wish you a happy new year as well ! Glad to hear things are going well for you. And your company is doing good in spite of the bad economy ! Good news ! Exercise is good, volunteering, breaking out socially as well. It has been nice getting to know you and others on JWD ! Very true.

BLONDIE- Healthy, staying married, staying employed , and staying out of the WT society - I'd say those are very worthy goals !

FLYING HIGH NOW- Anxiety can be a crushing blow for many people for sure. Especially what Halycon is going through - divorce - but like you said, " this too shall pass". I've been through 2 divorces over the years some time ago and it taught me a lot. If we can get rid of the fear - sometimes that's half the battle ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

My life is great.

Goal for 2009- Get my wife out of this freakin' religion!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    My life is great.

That's wonderful. Now I hope you can get your wife out.

• flipper
    flipper

TREADNH2O- I second FHN's comment- glad your life is good- hope you get your wife out of the witness cult as well ! Good luck ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit