I can't believe what I did.

by reneeisorym 88 Replies latest jw friends

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

So yesterday I was watching the news and I saw something about Secret Santa. There is this movement of people who hand random strangers $100 bills at places like laundry mats and thrift stores. www.secretsantaworld.net

So I was "moved" and decided to give it a shot. I actually went to Walmart and found a lady in sad looking clothes with two small children and handed her a hundred dollar bill. She looked at me with her jaw dropped and said, "Thanks?" I said, "Merry Christmas." and walked away.

So now I feel like I've lost my mind. Did she really need it or just look like it? What is she thinking now? Have I become a crazy lunitic person? Have I actually gone over the edge? Why did I pick her?

I don't want to talk to anyone in my real life about it because the whole idea is for it to be a "secret". I'm not doing too good at that part apparently.

Someone tell me I'm not loosing my mind. I feel like I need to be committed.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Good for you!!!

Do you feel good??

I'll bet you do!!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Actually I feel like I might be a little nuts.

I really need someone to tell me it was a good thing and I haven't become a crazy lunitic.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You're not crazy and ya did good

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

God Bless you...

(I hope she doesnt score some crack with your C note... )

Crap--- I am really trying not to be a cynic.

what the hell...Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Jeff

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

That was AWESOME!!! Don't ever regret it. You may never know the outcome of that random act of kindness, but I guarantee that it will not be wasted in the universe. I think you're an inspiration.

Hugs,

Nina

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

You did a good thing, thanks for sharing. She will always remember a random act of kindness!

Might have put dinner on her table or might have bought that bottle of booze, who knows?

A gift is a gift!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MONTPHr7V1w

purps

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

hillbilly sounds like me!

I wish I knew what the lady thought !!!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

After I quit going to meetings, I became aware of my surroundings and people. I helped alot of people, it felt great.

I picked up a man walking along the interstate, I was a courier and passed by him several times in the day, he was not hitchhiking, but walking home some 60+ miles!!!!

He had probably walked ten miles in the time before I stopped and asked him if he needed a lift.

I was like, he needs me to take him about 40 miles away from my home, will I really do it?

Yeah, we stopped by my house briefly, gave him something to eat, and took him to his destination.

Yikes! He had been in JAIL! and was just released.

Now, do you feel so crazy?

He just really could not believe someone stopped to offer him a ride and then go out of their way to help him.

He was greeted at the door by his wife and children, full of hugs and kisses.

I still feel good about it.

purps

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Thanks purps and nina,

You made me feel better. I guess when you are kind to someone, you never really know if they appreciate it or really needed it. It's the kindness that counts. I just hope she feels unconditional love at least this once in her life.

Renee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit