I can't believe what I did.

by reneeisorym 88 Replies latest jw friends

• DocBob
    DocBob

Doesn't sound like a malfunctioning mind, but a rather well-functioning heart.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Renee...

I love what you did, but as someone else suggested, break it into 20's next time.

One of the most positive days of my life was when an obvious spanish older man was standing in the parking lot of my local grocery store with knee braces.....he was waiting to be picked up for some kind of work. I approached him and asked did he need help? He told me he needed asprin and water because his legs hurt him so bad.

I picked a up a large bottle of cold water and a box of asprin and ran it out to him before I did my shopping.

With tears, he called me an "Angel of light"....that I am not, but maybe when my time comes, god will remember this small gesture over all my errors.

r.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thats a cool story,you did good.......................I bought a more pricey bottle of Tequila but it was`nt my brand..I had a shot and did`nt like it..So I put it in the tool box of my truck.......Weeks later I saw a guy in town..He`s mentally challenged,but a good guy..He goes around town and collects bottles..He`s always working..Always.....I spotted him and gave him my bottles,I was going to cash in at the bottle depot..As usual he said "Thanks Cowboy!"..Then I went back to the truck and grabbed the bottle of Tequila..It was in a plastic bag..I told him he could have this bottle too,but he might want to empty it first..He took the near full bottle of Tequila out of the bag..Looked at it with total amazement and started to giggle..LOL!!.......That bottle of Tequila made him so happy!..It was worth every penny I paid for it!..LOL!!..Tequila...................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• free2beme
    free2beme

I think all things happen for a reason, and kindness should never be questions. Good for you.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Renee,

No, you are not nuts to be a secret Santa.

You would be nuts to donate $100 to Watchtower Corporation to help them pay their child molestation settlements and airline tickets for their "college educated" attorneys.

B the X

• chickpea
    chickpea

imagine the impact that gesture of goodwill
    can and probably will have on that woman's kids.....

i think it was a heartening and human
    act that you have performed....
    i wouldnt overthink it.....

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

What is crazy about practicing the Golden Rule?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Thank you for sharing your story with us .You have a very generous spirit, and what you did for that woman and her family is not nuts .

Now stop second guessing yourself .

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

renee...

good for you.... help people when and however we can... (instead of that lousy "Life Giving (TM)" message we used to pretend was "helping" our "neighbors".)

Purps...

I like that video..and that version of the song...

Snakes ()

I need a real hug...

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

What a sweet gesture. You chose her because she had a few kids with her. Like any mother she will probably spend it on her kids and if she uses the left overs on a bottle so what! You spurred me on to do more things like that. How nice!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit