Banned expressions= Pioneers abused me for saying "that sucks or peeved"!

by Witness 007 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• VM44
    VM44

That cat is not only pissed off, its "Hissed off" as well!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

"dirty bugger".

Well this one is vulgar. Buggery is anal intercourse - so I need not say anymore

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

A pioneer in our congregation often says "BUMMER" I dont think that is a clean word in JW circles

• Satanus
    Satanus

Stilla

Good point. A nonbuggerer wouldn't want to be called one. As well, a buggerer would not want it his private sex practices to be made common knowledge. Keep it in the closet, so to speak.

S

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Holy, that is one nasty a$$ed cat!

h4o

• virgo
    virgo

Stilla

The rebuke was called for. At the age of 13, I did not understand the meaning of what I had said, merely repeating something that I had heard in the neighborhood. Lesson learnt and never repeated.

• The Missus
    The Missus
    The JWs should put a list of words not to be used up on the Hall's BULLETIN BOARD.

ROFL!! That's one I've forgotten - we are supposed to call it the INFORMATION BOARD - and why?! I have no idea. I just remember calling it a bulletin board and someone corrected me and said I shouldn't call it that

• lola28
    lola28

I once got lectured for saying "Gosh" and "darn", I was 16, they were lucky I did not say what I was really thinking.

• seek2find
    seek2find

This was always a double standard that bothered me as a kid. I remember sitting in an assembly audience in Birmingham Alabama when I was very young, maybe 5 or six, and hearing one of the governing body members talking about the "Whore" of Babylon and using a few other borderline vulgar words. If we as rank and file would have used these words in everyday speech we would have been chastised. But it was OK for the GB. seek2find

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux
    we are supposed to call it the INFORMATION BOARD - and why?! I have no idea

BULLETIN contains the word BULLET... hardly an appropriate expression for true Christians who are to shun violence. (Compare Isaiah 2:4)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit