Banned expressions= Pioneers abused me for saying "that sucks or peeved"!

by Witness 007 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

"God bless you" - number one on the JW hit parade.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I can recall being chastised for saying "darn", "gee", "screwed Up" "omg", etc. I used to hear people say "someone just blew them off" ( ignored them) and not understnd where it came from.lol But... the most embarrassing thing I ever did was after having my hair cut and shampooed , I asked "how much for a blow job?" That depends, said the hair stylist and laughed loudly.

• Calandra
    Calandra

The reason JW's do not use the term "Bulletin Board" is because the Vatican used to post regular news on the "Papal Bull" which was posted upon each catholic church's "Bulletin"

Since JW's will do almost anything to distance themselves from anything catholic, using the term bulletin board was frowned upon.

• loosie
    loosie

I jest remembered once at BS one of the new sisters son asked for for a life saver. He was about 4 yrs old. I asked him what's the magic word? ( hoping to get the word please outta him) He asked his mom what the magic word was. She said oh we don't believe in magic. I guess she didn't believe in teaching her kid politeness either.

• iamthewolf5562
    iamthewolf5562

one time i led a group for service and i dropped my kingdom ministry and said crap...a pioneer lady yelled at me because i did the same thing as saying shit....i didnt tell her that i now had a good idea why she has had two sons that committed suicide.

another time i wore an orange shirt to a rehersal for a district part...i got chewed out by the C.O. who i didnt dare insult and another who had a bad speech impediment...she marched away when i told her i wasnt wearing candy because she kept saying i was wearing a "cert" not a "shirt"

another time said "marriage at 18 only happens because the kids are horny" and i had a meeting with two elders, not because i said horny...what was worse was that i'd insulted an arrangement from god.

the crap with them never stops. can't get too mad at the people though because they're not the real problem, watchtower is. mean time...especially for people still fading...anytime one of them pulls judgemental crap, it's just as easy to send them to bed thinking they might not wake up.

moohaha

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

BULLETIN has nothing to do with weapons and killing.

It is related to the word BULL ( as in Papal)

"bulletin - Short official pronouncement or report.

Origin 17th cent. from ital. bullettino, dimin. of bulletto "passport"; dimin. bulla "seal"."

- Oxford Dictionary

In other words information sent by authorities from elsewhere.

The forbidding of this term is another example of Witless Ignorance.

HB

• Coop Man
    Coop Man

Just the opposite happened at my old hall....the head cheif elder gave a Sunday talk about how people disrespect god...and he said, AND I QUOTE!!!...."In these last days, damn has turned into Goddamn". What was weird to me was that no-one in the hall seemed bothered by this!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit