Banned expressions= Pioneers abused me for saying "that sucks or peeved"!

by Witness 007 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Poztate
    Poztate

I had a car banned once. I wanted to but a "Dodge Demon" When an elder "friend" I knew heard about it he went ballistic.

He warned me strongly not to buy the car as it would be a cause for stumbling to some. I was a good little dub at the time and never did buy that car.

• Purza
    Purza

My dad used to chastise me when I would say "that is screwed up". WTF? If only he could hear me now. . . . . . as I use swear words as adjectives.

Purza

• yknot
    yknot

Golly, geewiz, gag me with a spoon (umm dated myself with that one) and hell.

• gymbob
    gymbob

My understanding of the term bulletin comes from the catholics. I believe it has something to do with a message from the Pope. I'll have to look it up, it's been a long time ago.

When I was young I would change words around, like, instead of saying "bummer", I would say, "bumper"...instead of, "far out", I would say, "farm out". Yea, I know, I'm a little weird.

You should have seen my dog's reaction to the sounds of that pissed off cat on Youtube! She was just sleeping here next to me, and when that cat started crying and hissing she jumped up and started freaking out!! Gymbob

• loosie
    loosie

I said Halleujah once after bookstudy. Afterall it means praise Jah. Well guess Jw's aren't suppossed to say that either. It's not even a bad word.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I was rebuked for "lucky" at the age of 8.

I got in trouble for tattling that the girl next door said the "f" word. He dad became an elder later and frankly, I don't think her language ever really improved. I did learn to stop tattling though.

Gotta say, until I read british chick lit, I thought a dirty bugger was like a dirty critter or a dirty booger. The hole 'bugger' thing went right over my head until my late 30's.

• thaisun
    thaisun

Struth was one BAD word, 'cos it's short for God's Truth. Cor Blimey was another. That was a contraction of God Blind Me. One girlfriend I had 50+ years ago used to say the Russian town, Vladivastok. Sound good when said furiously!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I repeated the line from "Gone with the Wind" "Frankly my dear I don't give a damn".......the pioneers were dicusted by such foul language from 1939!

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Bugger and buggery are not the same. Check Wikipedia.

• Confession
    Confession

I think that Hallelujah is a perfectly acceptable term for we as Jah's people. In fact, shouldn't we use "Jah" instead of Jehovah? I mean JeHOvah? In today's world, the word "ho" is used so widely and derisively. Isn't it just another way we might bring reproach on God's people, knowing that every time we say "JeHOvah," people are snickering under their breath and thinking to themselves, "You just said "ho.""? True Christians will be babes as to badness and will shun frigging ANYTHING that might possibly reflect badly on our great and gorgeous God.

Huh? What's wrong with "frigging"? Really? Oh JESUS, I'm sorry! Whoops, shit... AUGHH! Jah help meee!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit