Banned expressions= Pioneers abused me for saying "that sucks or peeved"!

by Witness 007 46 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yes as a young man on 20 out Witnessing with the Special Pioneers one brother said his bible study wasn't home...."Oh that sucks" said I......well, you would have thought I said "that sucks balls" three Pioneers completely freak out and as a "Trinity" start telling me off...I didn't think it was a swear word....anyone else?

Once the C.O used the term "Peeved off" during his talk...well, everyone did research on the word to see if it was the same as "pissed off."

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Sh*t, I knew a pioneer sister who got offended if a sister said that a guy was "hot".

"That's a worldly term!" She'd say, shocked all to hell.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Oh, God, there's a million of 'em--and "oh God" is one of them.

Remember I live in the jw fundie capital of the world, where the dubs are the most strict fundamentalists.

Some more that come to mind......

adorable (because adoration = worship)

devil in any sentence or term, like devil's food cake (we weren't even allowed to add the red food coloring to the cake if we made it, no paprika sprinkled on deviled eggs)

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Another one was......"Boy I feel so lucky Oops......I mean Blessed!"

• Satanus
    Satanus

i used to hear them getting after each other for using terms like that. They called them euphemisms. Said that, since they refer to swear words, they are as bad. That's why, even as a jw, i would only use the real swear words, if i swore. That is also why i think that people who say sugar or fudge, instead of the real words are just just being prissy. Use the real words, for fuck sake.

S

• rebel8
    rebel8

Jeez
    charming

Once I went through the thesaurus and came up with words from old times that weren't banned.....such as blatherscythe...or something like that, i don't even remember how to spell it.....i started using them in the field service car, just to make fun of the fact that our language was so controlled by the elders....i got a lot of wrinkled eyebrows in response... \:?

• caliber
    caliber

peeved (pi$$ed off )

1. (adj)annoyed, irritated, miffed, nettled, peeved, pissed, pissed off, riled, roiled, steamed, stung

pissed off

–noun Slang: Vulgar .

angry or annoyed

(dictionary ) http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2mbeSAmUP4 Cal

• virgo
    virgo

An elder once chastised me for saying that something was "groovy". On another occasion by another elder for saying "dirty bugger".

• VM44
    VM44

The JWs should put a list of words not to be used up on the Hall's BULLETIN BOARD.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Caliber

Wow, that's one pissed off cat. It could be the singer for guns and roses.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit