And UGLY response to a Christmas Card!

by LovesDubs 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

There is a generation that is inclined to think that way. I was sending out an email newsletter every few months for a while after getting disfellowshipped, and it was also pretty good. I included my parents because I was finding it difficult to communicate with them without getting stung, and boy did mum over-react! "Only thing we hear from you is what you send out to everybody..." etc. I stopped sending out that email at all after that, because it would have been worse if I sent it to everybody but her. Truth be told, it was mostly a way of getting through to my JW family that I'm doing very well, I was hoping that in the cases of those whose email address I don't have, it would be passed on to them.

These days I write a few standard paras and tailor the rest of the email to individuals, sending it out just to single email addresses. It's a more personal way of keeping in touch that appeals to people more, and it doesn't take much longer. And as it happens, I still don't send it to my mum. Too much potential for misery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit