And UGLY response to a Christmas Card!

by LovesDubs 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• restrangled
    restrangled

In the past, when we have borrowed money from my JW parents it has been the key to mental torture, abuse,and anything else you can figure out and they feel they own you....much like the Mafia. No matter that they are earning interest at 10 percent...a business loan and the deal was...not reported to the IRS, and the equipment was filed in my father's name on the state level.....

The best pay off we ever accomplished was after my father died.....As my father was dieing he was still worrying about his payback. After he died, my mom stopped the interest, but reminded me every time I saw her of the big sacrafice of stopping interest and you need to come back to the KH, hint, hint....I am doing you a favor....now do what I want.

When we finally paid off the loan, I notified my mother that she would have to report all the interest earned over the years.... because my father had not to the IRS. I told her, her name was going down as the recipient... Not a happy camper.....

It was the best revenge and honest revenge I have ever accomplished. Too bad so sad.....you earn 10 percent interest on your money for 10 years and whine about, don;'t have to report it?......get over your damn self and your damn money. It was repaid in full and then some, and it will never ever again make me feel like I have to return to the kH in guilt over owing money.

Sorry, didn't mean to side track this thread.

r.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh, and my hubby says I'm right.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Oh, and my hubby says I'm right.

And I would never call him weak and spineless for that.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    And I would never call him weak and spineless for that.

And knowing my hubby a lot better than you, I would never call him weak or spineless either.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    And knowing my hubby a lot better than you,

And I agree, we don't know people well enough online to call them weak or spineless, especially those we aren't even conversing with.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    especially those we aren't even conversing with.

Well if you're up to it he would be happy to converse with you and then you can decide for yourself.

• gymbob
    gymbob

I like Purps reply, and I'm with Mrs.Jones on this one too.

Married people should always have each other's backs. If you don't agree, talk about it LATER..... alone. The husband needs to step up to his dad..... Gymbob

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

John Doe, you're not married, are you? When a parent is nasty to or about your spouse, it is your job to stand up for your spouse. My husband laid it on the line with his mother; except my wife as part of our family or except the fact that we will be our own family. It worked like a charm!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

So this man has been your father in law for 22 years and you haven't even had a conversation to him face to face, and he wouldnt know you from squat? That seems a little odd.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

LD,

I suppose you could let your FIL know that the whole family received his personalized Christmas greetings email. It was so thoughtful of him to send a "blanket email" to the grandchildren:

I wont be sending my usual end of year money out to the grandchildren this year.

While the grandchildren would be somewhat confused and hurt at first, just let them know that grandpa is saving up his money to afford his long lonely years in a smelly nursing home.

Or, how are your parents, LD? You could let grouchy-pants know that the children had a wonderful time with your parents and your family. Children can be quite happy with modest gifts, but genuine love.

Good luck,

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit