And UGLY response to a Christmas Card!

by LovesDubs 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

He is an ugly fart of a man. And your husband should not get sex for a month. I believe this is the harshest I have ever been on this forum. And they both deserve it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If I was in your place I wouldn't even consider apologizing. You did nothing wrong and your dear hubby needs to grow a set.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Normally I would suggest a simple apology (ie: didn't mean to hurt your feelings, etc.) but since he has been fairly ugly for the past 22 years, doesn't seem that anything you say will make a lick of difference.

He's not a JW - so not upset about celebrating xmas.

Has received the newsy letters in the past - so suddenly it's not good enough.

Seems that your only real options are to call and quasi-apologize and have the discussion escalate into a full-blown, knock-down, drag-out fight where you rip him a new one, or let your husband duke it out with dad.

If he was a JW or if this was the first time you sent one of these types of mass-mail letters it might be different.

He's just being a class A jerk.

I like purp's suggestion, too. Maybe send him an email and 'accidently' copy everyone on the email list???? OOPS~~!!

-Aude.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Your husband is pathetic and has no balls whatsoever. He chooses to pander to his "money jar father" and chastise you instead!

I hope your marriage is a solid one because some women would not put up with this. Seems like your husband puts $$$$$ from "daaddyy" in front of you.......his wife!

Hope it all works out for you.

HappyDad

• John Doe
    John Doe

I won't suggest what you do, but here's what I would do.

Say to myself "Screw it!" and then go watch some tv or whatever else I want to occupy my mind with. There is only one thing that can allow you to be upset, and that's you. If you actually give a shit what your father in law says or thinks, you're giving him much too much importance, imo.

Think I'll have some pizza tonight and read a book.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Ummm... yeah... he's a grouch.

I have a question though... he sez...

"I wont be sending my usual end of year money out to the grandchildren this year. Maybe I will find time to send a blanket email to all of them."

Now, I know that he's trying to 'punish' you for doing what you did. My question is this... WHY is it okay for HIM to send out a 'blanket email' - when he went ballistic - when YOU did the exact same thing?

HUH??? Double standard, perhaps?

Regards,

Jim TX

P.S. - If it were me - I would keep cool about the whole thing - then when HE (IF he) sends out his 'blanket email' - GO NUTS!!! Go off on your spineless hubby - go off on him! Just be totally unreasonable. See how he likes it.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Guys, I'm not convinced the husband is spineless. He's likely just trying to keep everyone at peace and happy, and didn't fully consider how the op feels. I'm sure, since he asked, that he didn't think an apology would be a big deal. Any time you have a relationship with two people who don't like each other, you're in a bind. That doesn't necessarily mean you're spineless.

A lot of posters here seem to be trying to get l d to be more upset at her husband. That's not going to help anything out.

• willyloman
    willyloman

I thought purp's "Merry effing Christmas" was a nice touch!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

A lot of posters here seem to be trying to get l d to be more upset at her husband. That's not going to help anything out.

I think not. I've been married for 16 years now and my husband would never do that to me, put his father's arrogant feelings before mine just because said father has lent us money. I'm still his wife and he goes to bed with me not his father. Hubby should have ripped said father a new one one for disrepecting his wife and wifey has every right to rip hubby a new one for even suggesting that she kowtow to DFIL just because he got his silly feelings hurt (huh?) over an damn email newsletter. Wifey does not have to apologize to FIL for anything, she did nothing wrong.

Josie

• John Doe
    John Doe
    put his father's arrogant feelings before mine just because said father has lent us money.

Oh, so you've actually talked to the guy and know what he said and did and why he did it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit