Governing Body's new neuroscience program better than Cambridge University

by Dogpatch 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• abbagail
    abbagail

This was too funny:

"I sang KH songs for 20 years. I guess now I'm ready to conduct the NY Philharmonic..."

-----------------

As for that severe case of braggadocio of the WT's claim re: their linguistics program, simply amazing. I liked whoever's idea to send a copy of the WT's claims to Cambridge and Oxford and let them have a read. lol. Maybe they would refute publicly to the WT's embarrassment.

---------------

And lastly, when I first saw Neuro- Linguistics at the top of the thread, my immediate tin-foil-hat thought was re: the NLP as well, and that the WT was delving deeper into sneaky pete brainwashing tactics, as a few others were thinking as well. Tony Robbins, Personal Power book, early 1990s was the first I had ever heard of NLP. No thanks, I'll keep my bad habits... and my pocketbook.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I find any of the WT teaching methods to have questionable results, at best.

One can go through 20 or more years of "Bible" study and not get to the part and figure out that the "Great Crowd" is in heaven.

If anything, their teaching methods shut down rational thought and critical thinking. Perhaps there is merit in some claims that they use sneaky psychological methods to do this.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Any comments? Why certainly.

1) I have an MD from Awake University. I've offered to perform neurosurgery on several jws but strangely they declined. I guess they don't have enough faith in jehoho.

2) Does the arrogance of this cult ever end?

3) Awaits the snopes posters to debunk this Cambridge fairytale.

4) Giving this cult more programming skills, anything that claims to be related to neurology, makes me itch.

That is all.

• IMHO
    IMHO

Just had to resurrect this old thread as it mentioned "Harry Cotton" or should I say "DR. Harry Cotton".

Only if you believe that a degree that can be bought is bonafide. A degree that is not different to what is offered in many a spam email.

It certainly was not from some English University as someone mentioned earlier.

His company CIE is not recognized by the Ontario Ministry of Education, nor are they authorized to teach or offer degrees in Ontario.

Have you heard of a diploma mill - meet Harry Cotton.

I picked this up from another forum;

This is NOT a university but a private organisation that provides a non-degree TESOL course, but they are 'affiliated' with Weston and supposed 'graduates' of CIE can get a degree from their affiliate university. No mention about accreditation or whether its recognised anywhere.

The Registrars mail address is in Spain.

Mr Jenkins (another joker now pretending to be an MD in Spain) calls himself a pofessor but does not work at a university. He only has an m.Ed and there is no indication he actually works for Weston Reserve University or any other recognised university.

Perhaps I would like to ask Mr Jenkins where he got his Masters degree from, why his postal address is in Spain and what value is accreditation by a non-degree issuing organisation.

Affiliation means absolutely NOTHING.

Other things that seem extremely fishy to me.

He lists the Canadian Institute of English on the campus of Saint Peterburg University campus in Malaga in Spain. A google search turns up a university with that name in Russia but nothing in spain. Sounds to me like a dummy company set up for this purpose.

He uses a Canadian email address but a Spanish postal address for CIE.

Weston Reserve uses an "org" address which is used for organisations and not educational institutions which use something like ac. or edu. in their suffixes.

Then even allow pioneers to count they 'hours' towards getting their 'degree'.

They change their 'linked' university every few years when the internet starts filling up with the truth of the previous.

Last one I heard of was set up in Armenia, The Yerevan Culture University. It's of course been shut down now.

CIE was is the past affiliated with Berne university, Bircham International university and Warnborough university. All three are blacklisted on the ODA list.

And as for 'DR.' Harry Cotton where did he get his degree. Oh yes I did mention it, that very same Berne university, a beachfront internet course which has been shutdown in St. Kitts.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Watchtower's NLP = "New Light" Programming!!!

• androb31
    androb31

Interesting thread

• Farkel
    Farkel

Great old thread. Glad it was resurrected.

: He's a bit Noam Chomsky mixed with P.T. Barnum.

Great. We have a communist psycho Stanford Professor and a world-class promoter.

Ergo, we have a world-class communist promoter with a degree!

Swell.

By the way, there are few men I despise more than Noam Chomsky. In fact, the only one I despise more lives on Pennsylvania Avenue, but if I said more, the NSA would send a drone out to blow me up. At least Chomsky doesn't (I hope) have the resources to do that yet.

Farkel

• friendaroonie
    friendaroonie

Linguistics was a major part of my ba inn language and literacy. I am not even tempted to read what they are saying. If the watchtower wss a recognized authority id have heard of them in my studies. Csse closed. On a even more humorous note a classic example of n l p was a s n l character by kevin nealon back in the 80

S. It was subliminal man who worked in words like mets tickets or sex with me into his conversation. Very hilarious.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Pull my finger!

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member
    @IHMOI hope you don't mind but I used the info you posted to inquire after this Harry Cotton fellow and as supscted 'Dr Harry Cotton' does not have any formal qualifications at all.. has no recognised degree from anywhere and is certainly no Doctor.

From: <me> Subject: Re: Harry Cotton Date: 25 August 2013 14:21:29 GMT+08:00 To: [email protected]

I have some questions about your "DR. Harry Cotton" and his educational background.

Only if you believe that a degree that can be bought is bonafide. A degree that is not different to what is offered in many a spam email.

It certainly was not from some English University as someone mentioned earlier.

His company CIE is not recognised by the Ontario Ministry of Education, nor are they authorised to teach or offer degrees in Ontario.

Have you heard of a diploma mill? - meet Harry Cotton.

This is NOT a university but a private organisation that provides a non-degree TESOL course, but they are 'affiliated' with Weston and supposed 'graduates' of CIE can get a degree from their affiliate university. No mention about accreditation or whether its recognised anywhere.

The Registrars mail address is in Spain.

Mr Jenkins (another joker now pretending to be an MD in Spain) calls himself a professor but does not work at a university. He only has an m.Ed and there is no indication he actually works for Weston Reserve University or any other recognised university.

Perhaps I would like to ask Mr Jenkins where he got his Masters degree from, why his postal address is in Spain and what value is accreditation by a non-degree issuing organisation.

Affiliation means absolutely NOTHING.

Other things that seem extremely fishy to me.

He lists the Canadian Institute of English on the campus of Saint Peterburg University campus in Malaga in Spain. A google search turns up a university with that name in Russia but nothing in spain. Sounds to me like a dummy company set up for this purpose.

He uses a Canadian email address but a Spanish postal address for CIE.

Weston Reserve uses an "org" address which is used for organisations and not educational institutions which use something like ac. or edu. in their suffixes.

Then even allow pioneers to count they 'hours' towards getting their 'degree'.

They change their 'linked' university every few years when the internet starts filling up with the truth of the previous.

Last one I heard of was set up in Armenia, The Yerevan Culture University. It's of course been shut down now.

CIE was is the past affiliated with Berne university, Bircham International university and Warnborough university. All three are blacklisted on the ODA list.

And as for 'DR.' Harry Cotton where did he get his degree. Oh yes I did mention it, that very same Berne university, a beachfront internet course which has been shutdown in St. Kitts.

We eagerly await your response to our statement and research.

Yours sincerely,

Me.

-----------------
    The reply

From: <[email protected]> Subject: Re: Harry Cotton Hello (Me), Thank you for your enquiry. We are happy to answer all your questions, but are not sure of your purpose in writing. You are perfectly welcome to meet Dr. Cotton, have a phone conversation with him, attend one of the TESOL Classes for a day as an observer, speak with the students, etc to see for yourself the quality of the program. Our one week TESOL Certification program provides training and practice in 40 methods based on the latest research in neuroscience and linguistics. The focus is on practical use, not theory. Students are equipped to enter a classroom and actually know what to teach, and how to teach it. Many of our students get told that they are the best teacher their school has ever had. Dr. Cotton has been a teaching English and training teachers for 40 years in over 120 countries on 5 continents. He has received his education from several Colleges and Universities, enough to see through the current propaganda being widely promoted that one needs a degree from traditional, well-known and established University. Diploma Mills? Cambridge, Oxford, and just about any other University you can think of cram their students by the hundreds in lecture halls to be drowned in dry theory, then churn out graduates who have no guarantee of a job, and are now many tens of thousands of dollars in crushing debt for the privilege. We are merely providing an alternative to that for those who don't subscribe to that kind of thinking. If it takes 4 years or even 4 months to learn how to be a teacher, that's a warning sign to stay away - its a waste of your time. We've proven we can do it in a week. Many of our students who have also had the typical university experience rate our 1 week course as far superior in comparison . So we feel our results stand for themselves. So do you think the traditional colleges, universities, or education authorities are going to be eager to give us recognition or accreditation? It's in their best interests to keep things "elite." However, over the years, we have endeavored to establish pilot projects of joint cooperation with a variety of universities that could see things differently. You are correct that many of those projects have dead-ended. At the time of working with these organizations, distance education was in it's infancy, and also looked down on by the established education community. Now they have gotten on board and still demand high tuition! Dr. Cotton has lived in England, Canada, Spain, and the United States over the years, hence, contact information has reflected that. Lloyd Jenkins has not worked with CIE for many years. Much of your information is out of date. Maybe this is not for you and that is of course your choice, but we hope this has answered your questions. Jonathan
    CIE Coordinator

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit