Governing Body's new neuroscience program better than Cambridge University

by Dogpatch 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I don't know what to make of this. I assume this is a real lecture given in Cyprus, apparently recently (original JW email dated Dec. 1st). Anyone know this guy?

I guess MEXICO is now the promised land (660,000 pubs.) . Expect a whole new rash of 50 gallon hats, cucarachas and sandals in the new Watchtowers.

What is sad is what a load of crap this all is!

This audio (Windows Media) comes from CYPRUS and is Harry Cotton (branch overseer?) talking about the new, amazing neuro-linguistic LANGUAGE TEACHING program being used by the Governing Body all over the world. It has apparently startled brothers at Cambridge and Oxford (what are THEY doing there??) that the GB was so smart. 5 days in the GB's neuroscience training course, beats 5 years of other courses. The Cambridge brothers were a little stuft in der shirts unitl they tried the GB's special course, and said that 5 days with GB's neuroscience was better than their 5 years at Cambridge.

Sorry, I have to stop here. Catching my breath, this is pretty funny. So Carnivale.

they are teaching in 450 languages, 100 in Mexico alone.

file is downloadable here: http://www.4shared.com/file/76285761/569b253b/Harry_Cotton.html

any comments?

Randy

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They talk a lot about humility. But who really needs the 'lesson in humility' I wonder?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"The Cambridge brothers were a little stuft in der shirts unitl they tried the GB's special course, and said that 5 days with GB's neuroscience was better than their 5 years at Cambridge"........................We all know what Jehovah`s Witness will be doing,after taking this amazing WBT$ Neuroscience 5 day course!!..Window CleaningWindow CleaningWindow Cleaning..........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Five days of their course equal to five years in regular courses. Yeah. Right. And reading the Awake! magazine for two years is equal to a college education....

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

thanx to 40 years of AWAKE! reading i have a doctorate in bullshit.

• yknot
    yknot

Oh Randy I don't know if I want to cry or laugh.....

I wanna see those letters...... If it were true the Society would surely print them in the publications.

I think you should forward this to the Universities mentioned......

Biggest growth in foreign languages.....not well educated and globally dominate languages.

Hmm 15 years ago..... So Bro. Barry's ideas cause growth but Ted's clampdown causes decrease.

IF you read these 6 questions in the brochure in 2 minutes you will be wiser the Aristotle in Greece and wiser then Socrates !!!!

10 minute lessons.....woot!, can we implement that in the meetings ASAP!

Bulgarian, Romanian & Russian...... yep that is where the WTS plans it's next biggest gold-digging expedition. Their $$$$ and population to help replace the wised-up Westerners.

Reminds me of a sales pump session

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

Reminds me of Russell's miracle wheat.

• VM44
    VM44

Clayton Woodworth's mindset is still going strong with the Witnesses.

Neuro-Linguistice programming is a form of psychotherapy that has been classified as pseudo-science.

Just the sort of stuff that used to be published in The Golden Age magazine.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

- "the new, amazing neuro-linguistic LANGUAGE TEACHING program being used by the Governing Body all over the world."

That's pretty scary that they're using NLP along with their brainwashing. For anybody who doesn't really know what NLP is, I pulled this from wikipedia:

- "Neuro-linguistic programming studies and models how people think about their lives, and how to work with the underlying cognitive and emotional processes at a practical level. "

In other words, they're using it to help brainwash others on a deeper level. I've looked into NLP used in dating and seduction, and even have some materials on it stored away on a CD-ROM. I decided against using it since it was so impersonal, but I've read many, many experiences and instances where it actually does work. The method of anchoring to the outsider can only be describes as weird or creepy, while the 'victim' is completely entransed in what's going on. It's almost like a form of hypnotism. A person can anchor positive feelings about themselves to, say, a packet of salt. Whenever the 'victim' looks at or touches the salt packet, they think positively of the person who anchored those feeling to the packet. Now, replace the salt packet with a copy of the New World Translation and you've got a JW Convert, or an effective Shepherding call.

More from Wikipedia:

Techniques

Rapport

NLP proposed a number of simple techniques involving matching, pacing and leading for establishing rapport with people.[46] There are a number of techniques explored in NLP that are supposed to be beneficial in building and maintaining rapport such as: matching and pacing non-verbal behavior (body posture, head position, gestures, voice tone, and so forth) and matching speech and body rhythms of others (breathing, pulse, and so forth).[46]

Anchoring

Anchoring is the process by which a particular state or response is associated (anchored) with a unique anchor. An anchor is most often a gesture, voice tone or touch but could be any unique visual, auditory, kinesthetic, olfactory or gustatory stimulus. It is claimed that by recalling past resourceful states one can anchor those states to make them available in new situations. A psychotherapist might anchor positive states like calmness and relaxation, or confidence in the treatment of phobias and anxiety, such as in public speaking.[60] Proponents state that anchors are capable of being formed and reinforced by repeated stimuli, and thus are analogous to classical conditioning.

Anchoring appears to have been imported into NLP from family systems therapy as part of the 'model' of Virginia Satir.[61]

Swish

Swish is a novel visualization technique for reducing unwanted habits. The process involves disrupting a pattern of thought that usually leads to an unwanted behavior such that it leads to a desired alternative. The process involves visualizing the trigger or 'cue image' that normally leads to the unwanted behavior pattern, such as a smoker's hand with a cigarette moving towards the face. The cue image is then switched a number of times with a visualization of a desired alternative, such as a self-image looking resourceful and fulfilled. The swish is tested by having the person think of the original cue image that used to lead to the undesired behavior, or by presenting the actual cue such as a cigarette to the client, while observing the responses. If the client stays resourceful then the process is complete. The name swish comes from the sound made by the practitioner/trainer as the visualizations are switched.[62][63] Swish also makes use of submodalities, for example, the internal image of the unwanted behavior is typically shrunk to a small and manageable size and the desired outcome (or self-image) is enhanced by making it brighter and larger than normal.[36] The swish was first published by Richard Bandler.[36]

Reframing
    Main article: Reframing (NLP)

In NLP, reframing is the process whereby an element of communication is presented so as to transform an individual's perception of the meanings or "frames" attributed to words, phrases and events.[64] By changing the way the event is perceived "responses and behaviors will also change. Reframing with language allows you to see the world in a different way and this changes the meaning. Reframing is the basis of jokes, myths, legends, fairy tales and most creative ways of thinking."[65] The concept was common to a number of therapies prior to NLP.[13] For example, it appeared in the approaches of Virginia Satir, Fritz Perls and Milton Erickson and in strategic therapy of Paul Watzlawick.[66] There are examples in children's literature. Pollyanna, for example, would play The Glad Game whenever she felt downhearted to remind herself of the things that she could do, and not worry about the things that she could not change.[67]

Six step reframe

An example of reframing is found in the six-step reframe which involves distinguishing between an underlying intention and the consequent behaviors for the purpose of achieving the intention by different and more successful behaviors. It is based on the notion that there is a positive intention behind all behaviors, but that the behaviors themselves may be unwanted or counterproductive in other ways. NLP uses this staged process to identify the intention and create alternative choices to satisfy that intention.

Ecology and congruency

Ecology in NLP deals with the relationships between a client and his or her natural, social and created environments and how a proposed goal or change might retreat to his or her relationships and environment. It is a frame within which the desired outcome is checked against the consequences client's life and mind as systemic processes. It treats the client's relationship with self as a system and his or her relationship with others as subsystems that interact so when someone considers a change it is important therefore to take into account the consequences on the system as a whole.[68] Like gestalt therapy[69] a goal of NLP is to help the client choose goals and make changes that achieve a sense of personal congruency and integrity with personal and other aspects of the client's life.

Parts integration

Parts Integration creates a metaphor of different aspects (parts) of ourselves which are in conflict due to different goals, perceptions and beliefs. 'Parts integration' is the process of 'identifying' these parts and negotiating (or working) with each of these parts separately & together, with a goal of resolving internal conflict. Successful parts negotiation occurs by listening to and providing opportunities to meet the needs of each part and adequately addressing each part's interests so that they are each satisfied with the desired outcome. It often involves negotiating with the conflicting parts of a person to achieve resolution. Parts integration appears to be modeled on 'parts' from family therapy and has similarities to ego-state therapy in psychoanalysis in that it seeks to resolve conflicts that constitute a "family of self" within a single individual.

• Mary
    Mary

Oh dear god in heaven........Just when you think they can't come up with anything dumber, they somehow manage to........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit