announcement at service meeting last night

by isaacaustin 54 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

This topic just tickles my funny bone! I think I could write & illlustrate a very amusing children's type of book on the 'The Bell Ringer'. I can imagine it in a Dr. Suess style, much like the 'Bee Watcher'. Too bad there is such a small audience for such a book and outsiders would not get the subtleties needed.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Sounds like a "Project Pigeon".

There is something deeper here that we are all missing. There is a madness to this method. There is some sinister reason for this behavior modification.

http://www.geocities.com/skews_me_too/behavior.html

• snowbird
    snowbird

Lockstep conformity?

Sylvia

• chickpea
    chickpea

the hits just keep on happening!!

what a load of malarkey

http://burntfungi.com/media/MinistrySchoolBellRinger.mp3

• minimus
    minimus

Will they get that light or music playing in the background like they do at the Oscars?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

This sounds like a rouge elder/elder body. Something that severe would be with a letter. This wouldn't be the first time an elder got chewed out for overtime meetings by the CO and respond with an over-reaction.

• freetosee
    freetosee

I agree with Jeff! We had a ex-bethelite special-pio elder who introduced the bell to the TMS. It didnt last long. Congregation and other elders did not like it! That elder was so proud at first, also having a young boy taking the time and ringing the bell... I remember the bell ringing being the custom in Denmark!

• undercover
    undercover

I just remembered while catching up on this thread that one congregation I was in used a kitchen timer.

As soon as the first word came out of the speakers mouth, they set the timer for the allowed time and when time us up...."DING"...eggs are done!

• freetosee
    freetosee

lol... well, we were more sophisticated: we used a triangle!

• choosing life
    choosing life

I never really thought about the ringing of the bell. My "talks" never went overtime. I hated the 'school" and always ran short. Now that I think about the whole scenario, it is pretty crazy. Kinda rude too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit