announcement at service meeting last night

by isaacaustin 54 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

These are BRILLIANT elders...and probably turning apostate. Think about it....this will urge or force everyone to cut their parts short out of fear...thus making the meetings much shorter so they can get the hell out of there early...go home and drind and watch football or hoops on tv...........oompa

• VM44
    VM44
    The elder also said that if you go over your time you may not be allowed to give any more talks.

That would be good!

• sacolton
    sacolton

I can imagine the householder talks will definately be removed in the future.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually the first TMS did not have talks by women, only men. Actually a woman was lucky to be assigned to a talk twice a year. Taking women out of the school would not be so strange.

*** jv chap. 8 p. 94 Declaring the Good News Without Letup (1942-1975) ***The era of education got under way almost immediately. On February 9, 1942, about a month after N. H. Knorr was elected president of the Society, a far-reaching announcement was made at Brooklyn Bethel. Arrangements were made at Bethel for an Advanced Course in Theocratic Ministry—a school that featured Bible research and public speaking.

By the following year, the groundwork was laid for a similar school to be conducted in the local congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses. At the "Call to Action" Assembly held throughout the United States on April 17 and 18, 1943, the booklet CourseinTheocraticMinistry was released. Each congregation was urged to start the new school, and the Society appointed instructors to act as chairmen and to offer constructive counsel on student talks delivered by male enrollees.

*** yb75 p. 198 Part 3—United States of America ***From the start of 1959, sisters in the congregations of God’s people were privileged to enroll in the Theocratic Ministry School. Demonstrating how to give six-minute sermons to people at their homes presented quite a challenge for them.
  • seek2find
    seek2find

It's funny they get so worked up about someone going over on their talks, when some people who give the closing prayer think they have to summarize the whole meeting in their prayer. I know some people who gave prayers that were as long as talks. Probably like the Pharisees did in Jesus day. seek2find

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Beginning talk, Here's the thing, budda bing! budda bang! Get it, no,even though I talk with my hands, see the school overseer after the meeting on yours and his own time for the application to you. The only why he can explain it ot you is if he is or was a wiseguy.

I finished up short, I gave the next speaker some of my time.

What happens if you don't use the alloted time and say do a 5 min. part in 4 mins.

Blueblades

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I was thinking everyone should start cutting their talks in half...woo hoo, get out early.

lisa

• inkling
    inkling
    If the bell rings you are to stop immediately- not even finishing your sentence.

Hey, great! Takes all the hassle out of writing a "conclusion"

• sacolton
    sacolton

Learn how to talk like an auctioneer. Just take a big deep breath before starting ...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thank Hojovah they aren't punishing anyone for going undertime!

A 5 minute talk delivered in 5:30 = sin!

A 5 minute talk delivered in 1:30 = blessing!

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit