2 years out...yet i still don't feel like doin Christmas?

by oompa 55 Replies latest jw friends

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Thanks Mouthy, I know my vernacular needs to change.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Only in that respect otherwise your a smart cookie

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I've never gotten into it. I will attend parties etc but I don't decorate etc. I give gifts when I can afford it (not this year). I live alone and no kids so I don't see a reason for it. I don't have any emotional ties to it because it was a non-event in my life. I enjoy all the lights, music and that people are merrier.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I'm not out yet but I really want to celebrate it this year!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I am getting into it for the first time this year, the Ships family has their first Christmas tree, and it is beautiful. I love the smell of it too.

Apparently I am getting an awesome gift from my wife. I can't wait!

BTS

• mouthy
    mouthy

You should see my daughter's house ( Gus Gus) She is the one that is free. Lights !!Santa, !!!Tree !!! all the trimmings.etc etc..... And a Jehovahs Witness has just moved in next door...

Sue has never been d/f So this should be interesting. .

• oompa
    oompa
    Koolaid: I can't outwardly celebrate because of trying to fade ( all family in truth). Don't know if I could ever enjoy it, just too much indoctrination. I told my husband we should start some sort of tradition for our children and future grand children. We don't know where to start.

Here is a thought Koolaid....just do everything as close to christmas as possible...like so many jw's cook a turkey and have family over at thanksgiving. My JW wife would be soooo good at doing christmas....she loves christmas songs...but esp. mariah carey tunes....and omg does she love to shop for deal...we both love the excitement of going out and rubbing shoulders on BlackFriday!....we buy each other stuff all day (just like we would if celebrating christmas!)........so start the tradition!...give your kids presents on christmas in bright red and green wrappings...of course it is only because of the deals you get that time of year...not actually christmas.............oompa

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Thanks Oompa, I guess it's like birthdays. That was kind of awkward this year too, but the kids really enjoyed feeling extra special that day. At the same time I don't want to rob them of a relationship with their grandparents and that's what would happen if we did a tree and lights and everything.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

all in good time. All in good time

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

This year will be my third year of being invited to and attending Christmas parties. It feels good to be just another normal human being enjoying the company of good people and not antisocial, contrarian cult member.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit