2 years out...yet i still don't feel like doin Christmas?

by oompa 55 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

Were you raised as a witness? I think people are more sentimental about things they are raised with. If you never celebrated it in the past then maybe that is why you aren't into it. I enjoy the music, the colors, food and smells of Christmas but not the shopping frenzy that goes on at this time of the year.

Then again my whole theory could be wrong because I don't think anyone is sentimental about celebrating (I use the term lightly) the memorial.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I absolutely love it!! Everything you just mentioned I quit. But I even like the shopping sometimes, I've had Christmas shopping days where everyone is so friendly and cheerful with one another. It's good stuff, but I'm not into frenzy, I just stroll along and take it as it comes.

I was born in, and when I finally got out and experienced Christmas, I became a fan. I'm going out this very morning, to get my tree. I can't wait for the house to be filled with that distinct perfume.

• yknot
    yknot

Oompa giving to charity isn't wrong. You have helped make a child's life more enjoyable!

I always broke the rules and donated at the door to the Salvation Army and other groups who were fundraising......

Besides, money is the property of Satan so why should I not give it back to his 'system of things'.

Live, Laugh and Love.

Yknot.......... still of the Bah-Humbug class but not begrudging those who do celebrate.

• oompa
    oompa

i was kinda wondering who starting cutting down trees and putting them in their homes....was always taught it was pagan of course...but nobody really knows....one popular theory is this:

http://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/origin-of-the-christmas-tree-faq.htm

Another story about the origin of the Christmas tree says that late in the Middle Ages, Germans and Scandinavians placed evergreen trees inside their homes or just outside their doors to show their hope that spring would soon come.

Now that does not sound so pagan!...only hopful.........now I am getting tree and telling my jw wife it just means i hate winter and want spring to hurry up...............oompa

• Gregor
    Gregor

But now it's just a drudge.

Then dont do it if it a drudge ,,when you were doing it for revenge it was sweet eH????

Naughty,naughty

Mouthy, you captured it perfectly!

I am naughty!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Go to your room

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I love the season - I'm one of those people who likes to go a huge mall that is all lit up with the trees and the music. Once I get there though I don't necessarily like to shop amongst the crowds, I like to get a mug of apple cider and sit on one of the benches and people watch. It's relaxing and quite enjoyable.

I say if you don't like or feel like getting into it then don't. There are some years I don't decorate much and sometimes I do a lot. I don't frazzle over it. I really enjoy the Christmas music and the atmosphere...but it shouldn't be the time for stressing. sammieswife.

• RR
    RR

Sorry "guys" but I do have my principles, My kids don't even help her aned they love Christmas. I told her from the beginning I wanted no part of it and she said "fine". And if she dies before me, well let me just say thinking about a silly Christmas tree is the l;east of my problems of she goes before I do!

RR

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I really can't get any strong feelings one way or another. I can't outwardly celebrate because of trying to fade ( all family in truth). Don't know if I could ever enjoy it, just too much indoctrination. I told my husband we should start some sort of tradition for our children and future grand children. We don't know where to start.

• mouthy
    mouthy

all family in truth

Well agood start would be to start calling it the LIE!!!So your Kids know it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit