2 years out...yet i still don't feel like doin Christmas?

by oompa 55 Replies latest jw friends

• sandy
    sandy

I'm with Gymbob and Jamiebowers . . .

I love Christmas music and the spirit of giving. How can you not love John Lennon's song Happy Christmas? That song is what Christmas is all about for me.

• oompa
    oompa

Just had to let you guys know....and I did not want to start a thread on this....yesterday I gave $5 to a group and young people holding "Toys for Tots" signs. I mean...I think Tots should have Toys....esp. if they are poor........my JW wife who was with me evidently did not agree!........lol.........oompa

• four candles
    four candles

I've been out 4 years now and never felt like doing xmas,I can't be doing with all the stress that people go through to 'enjoy' it,so I always advocate not celebrating.

And,yes,xmas music is absolute bobbins!!! Stays on yer brain for days and bores through to your very soul and eats it away till it is no more!!!

• lrkr
    lrkr

Looks like I'm the lone man out here. I love Christmas. I feel like I'm catching up on 35 years of deprivation. I love the suspense my kid feels before Christmas morning. I love that everyone is sneaking away from work early to do shopping and everyone backs off a little bit on the adversarial work related BS (if only for a few weeks). Were decoraing the inside of the house for the first time. My wife is paranoid that the gestapo will come and announce us DFd and that will end all of our family ties. I even like the Christmas music.

And no- I don't believe in or care if Jesus was born on 12/25.

Lrkr (of the sap class)

• mouthy
    mouthy

I have been out since 1987 ...spend it alone every year,

I give money to all my kids- grand-kids, great-grandkids ,friends ( sorry I dont have enough for you lot)

I love to see everyone with smiles on their faces in the shopping malls, I put in the Salvation Army barrel,I Donate to Toronto Peoples Church because they feed the poor in India... But do I love the season???? NO!!!! I remember how many people ( NOW DEAD) I taught it was evil.....
    How I wish I could turn in my brain for a new one.... LOL...
    Jehovahs Witness teaching is very evil.... It is as if I sipped the Cool Aid... But not enough to die

• RR
    RR

I'm not a Christmas person either. And I remember celebrating Christmas as a kid. I really was never in to it. And then one day my parents asked us if we wanted Christmas and we all said "no." So when I became a JW, not celebrating Christmas was no big deal.

My wife was practically raised a jw, and she loves Christmas with all the trimmings. When started a watered down version of Christmas when we had kids, no trees or lights, just a Christ centered Christmas. We gave each other gifts, even though I hate gifts, giving and receiving. My family always asked me what I want, I tell them "nothing, just tell me you love me and I'm happy".

A few years ago, my wife purchased a tree and began decorating it. I have nothing to do with it. Don't see what it has to do with anything. So everyyear, she puts up the tree and every year she takes it down all by herself.

RR

• mouthy
    mouthy

So everyyear, she puts up the tree and every year she takes it down all by herself.

Now I think that is very sad... If you dont believe it means anything wouldnt it be a show of love to help HER!!! If you love her... I will tell you right now RR,!!!!!If she dies before you ,you will remember the things you COULD have done to make her smile ...But it will be too late .It is not as if she want you to believe as she does, she just wants you to be the ONE flesh you said you would be.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

So everyyear, she puts up the tree and every year she takes it down all by herself. Geez, RR, where's the love? My husband isn't a big Christmas person either, but every year he busts his ass to make our yard look like a landing strip for me and the kids and now the grandkids.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Out in my storage shed I have a couple of big boxes of worthless shit called Christmas decorations. This includes about a half a mile of dodgy lights that will take a couple of hours just to untangle, then hang them, then plug them in to see how many are working and... it goes on and on. I used to get some perverse pleasure in it back in our California days when all the JW's knew it was my house. But now it's just a drudge.

• mouthy
    mouthy

But now it's just a drudge.

Then dont do it if it a drudge ,,when you were doing it for revenge it was sweet eH????

Naughty,naughty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit